Need Opinion for RC Ride in August

• We had tentatively scheduled a DeJA ride at Rausch Creek on the weekend of August 14/15 at Rausch Creek. Blue Mountain has scheduled their summer blowout, the August Oink for the following weekend, August 21/22. Because the Oink is open to all jeepers, not just BMJA members, we might want to consider joining up with them for that weekend. Here are the choices:

[size=18px]Choice 1 - August 14/15[/size]

DeJA only rides on Saturday and Sunday. Camping at Rausch Creek. Either "fend for yourself" dinner or recruit a food coordinator.

[size=18px]Choice B - August 21/22[/size]

DeJA Ride on Saturday. Catered Pig Roast Saturday evening. Night Ride Saturday evening. Camping at Rasuch Creek. Trail rides with BMJA members on Sunday.

Please post below your choice. I'd like to get opinions by next weekend and then make a decision for our ride date. (Yes, either choice would earn trail badges, although Choice 1 would be for 2, Choice B could potentially be for 3).

For more information about the Oink, click here.

Thanks,
    Andrew[/url]

• i'll be at the oink, which includes camping. Hopefully we can get gavans heep back together by then also.

• I'd have to vote for B as well. Since we're planning a run there anyway, might as well get people to the Oink too!

• The oink sounds like a chance to meet some other people with like intrest. I'd have to vote for that also.
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• i'd vote for choice 1.

this is how i'm seeing it. get there by 5 on saturday, eating by 6. where's the roast at? probably not at our usual camping spot. that doesn't give much time for making it up the hill and setting up our campsites (if we even would be offered that spot this time). then you go crawl for a few hours - just can't see it going too long if people will be still wanting to get some sleep after the 2.5+ hour drive they made earlier. finally, barring any breaks you get to your tent and crash - up bright and early again to wheel some more (after packing up your stuff). just seems awfully rushed with the night ride and stuff. i just see lots of breakage with very few of us having rocklights. plus, paying the saturday's fee for a few hours of riding and cramped camping area (lots of people gonna be there).

call me an introvert or what - i'd just rather have a weekend with our group of friends/wheelers. i enjoy wheeling as much as the next jeeper....but the "campfire" time we have on friday's and saturday's evenings is half the fun in my book. burnt marshmallows, dogs, some cold drinks, and just relaxing for a few hours after riding is :tup: with me. sort of hard to do when it's scheduled/wedged between driving, wheeling, and powersleeping. we can still meet them (bmja or any other groups) on other rides on other weekends.

heck, i'm not even sure if i'd be able to get the time off from work to make the weekend trip...but if given the choice of the two i'd take the deja trip, choice 1 (not A??? :question: ).
    chris (going out on a limb and even saying he'd rather help coordinate food then eat roasted pig (saw 175 people sick from uncooked pig over a fire!))

• chris, the oink is usualy at paragon, and everything is usually set up at redridge. the food is pretty good, there is a raffle for some door prizes, and the night run is usually pretty good. you dont really need rock lights and such, you wont be runnung hard enough trails to make it worth it.
    it really is a good time.

• Right now I'm leaning towards Choice B, joining with the Oink. I'll be in Chicago all the week of August 9, getting back late Friday night, so I might not even be able to make it on the 14th.

With Choice B, we can still have a DeJA-only ride on Saturday (8/21) before the festivities start at 5 pm. For those inclined to arrive on Friday night, they can establish the DeJA camping area before BMJA-ers even show up.

I sent a note to Jerry Lake (pres. of BMJA) asking him about this. If he doesn't have objections, we're going to do the Oink weekend.

• OK, the decision is for Choice B, joinup with BMJA for the Oink on August 21/22. I will lock this thread and start a new one...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!