Lift Installed

• My Rough Country 4" Lift arrived Saturday and with not having internet at home yet :idiot: , I could not post about the install...Thanks to Chuckwagon and BBD :peace: for offering a place and assistance but didn't want to take the chance of it not being in so I postponed (but then of course it showes up) :doh: ...

I did have access to a garage and a few willing participants: 1 a non DEJA memeber, 1 a member (Johnsolly) and 2 that stopped by that have apps but have not submitted (1st time I meet them).

We started at about 8 am...ran into a few issues with the front sway bar links not wanting to come loose but...got the frot done about 1:00pm and thought that the back would go smootly until we could not get the rear track bar bracket nut/bolt out...took a while, gringing, drilling, heat :welder: , hammer...finally! The leafs were pretty easy to get out, didn't have an issue with the bushings swelling. However both rear main leafs were cracked/broken and the eyes where not really holding to the frame :sniffle: (maybe that is why when I backed over a bump, there was a loud banging sound...the leaf eye slamming into the frame).

Ran into another issue putting the tc drop bracket in but all was finished about 6:00pm. Will do an alignment this week. Will also post some pics.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Already taken care of...I had the new set of 33 BFG MT mounted (bought 4 brand new and 1 used spare from a buddy for $375...deal of the year) (after I got your stocks to roll on) and were waiting. Sold my 31s yestarday.

Maybe on Friday I will slip by and drop off your wheels and show you the set up.

• Everyting seems to be working ok after the lif...it is in the shop now getting an allignment. Only thing left to do is trim away a bit around the shifter to get 2nd and 4th plenty of room to shift properly.

• Down the road, need to let the Mod bank account replenish!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!