Bar Pins

• I got my bar pin eliminators today and am hoping to put them on tomorrow. I'm worried about getting the old bar pins out though. Any suggestions? I don't have a vice to hold them in like I've read online. I do have a hammer though... :welder:

And if you think there's anything else I should know, tell me. Thanks!

• lay the shock down so the pin is vertical
    if u have a deep socket that will go over the pin
    do that then take the hammer and hit the socket so the shock goes down
    and the pin goes up
    it will only go so far
    then u will prob need a pair of pliers to twist it the rest of the way out
    spray some wd-40 on it first
    just becareful
    it will be slippery
    hth

• If all else fails Just cut It in the center with a cutting wheel, Just dont hit the shock....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Thanks guys. I decided to try it out this weekend. It's just too cold and I'd hate to end up having a problem and not being able to finish things up because it got too cold or dark. A driveway and garage are definately tops on my list for our new house... :up:

When I take the shocks off, should I jack anything up or just pull 'em out? I didn't think I'd need to jack anything but better safe than sorry.

• :upset: I got off my shocks and no matter what I tried, I simply couldn't get those bar pins out. :throwpc: Between the time it was taking, the cold and my impatience, I put the shocks back on, called up Brian at Holly Oak and am dropping the jeep off on Monday to get them installed, and hoping they can fix my steering and linkage.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!