Toy Run Committee sign up

• I know it's July but it is a lot of work and preparation to make the toy run successful.
    We are looking for a few good men and women to help out this year.

Please use this thread to sign up it you are willing to lend a hand. Remember it's all for the kids. :up:

Looks like I'll still fit that Santa Suit if someone has one. :santa: :laughing:

• I would be happy to help out with this again this year. For the past 2 years, I've done the posters and any advertising, and I have all of that information, as well as contact information for the dealer dropoffs, radio, tv stations and newspapers already saved. I've also been the contact for one of the drop offs, and the Roadhouse where we have the event.

I'll get in touch with Jen Marrero soon to see if she can help with contacts for DuPont and Childrens Choice, or give me the contact information.

If we could have enough people volunteer for this, we can possibly have a separate meeting in August or Sept. to go over what will need to be done. We will need a contact for the Jeep dealers and other locations we usually have as drop offs:

Wilmington
    BCJ-Brandywine Chysler Jeep
    (I will handle this drop off again)

Newark Chrysler-Jeep

New Castle
    Gambacorta Chrysler-Jeep

Dover
    Hertrich Nissan Jeep

Milford
    IG Burton Chrysler

Seaford
    I.G. Burton C-D-J-of Seaford

Rehoboth
    Stride-Rite Outlet
    (Chuck's store, he will be the contact)

Roadhouse Steak Joint
    4732 Limestone Road
    (I will handle this contact)

Briefly, here is what's involved with being a drop off contact:

-visit the dealer ahead of time and ask if they are willing to be a drop off again. we have event descriptions you can take to them, as well as fliers they can hand out. You would explain the timeline of events to them as well.
    -inquire if they would like to be a sponsor. For a specified amount, they would receive a listing and website link on the Toy Run page, as well as have their name on the back of the Toy Run shirts.
    -make and deliver a large gift wrapped box with poster as a collection point
    -visit the dealer a few weeks before the event to check on box, and see if they need anything additional, or if they have an abundance of donations, collecting some early
    -the Friday night before the Toy Run, you will go and collect the donations and box, and bring the donations with you to the Toy Run on Saturday.

It's not a lot of work, but please be sure if you volunteer that you can carry through to the end. We don't want a box of donations left someplace that don't reach the children on time, plus it makes the club and event look bad.

Paul

• im willing to help. i have a friend at newark jeep. what all do i need to ask them about..just if they will be a drop-off point. will we have any lit to give them??

• If you sign up to be on this committee, we will try and meet BEFORE a regular monthly meeting if possible, at 4pm, in August to try and run through what will need to be done when the time comes. Nothing needs to be done just yet, lets figure out who's on the committee and we'll meet and discuss things.

• Of course you can count on me. And I'm sure that Bob Allen will continue to remain involved.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I'm in and willing to try to get Country Chrysler in Oxford to pitch in. My wife bought her jeep there and I also have a friend who works there.
    Let me know the details as they get closer
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• i will help i will be in dover that time of year so let me know what i can do.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• as before - i'm willing to help out in any way i can. i can do the flyers around dover at businesses if we go that route. i'd be happy to be on the committee...but i'm afraid my schedule will prohibit making the meetings (or earlier for that matter). so just let me know whatever needs to be done in the dover area.
    chris

• This is new to me, but I'd be glad to help down here in Dover. I'll offer to handle the t-shirts if that helps.

DrJ (advice 5¢)

• count me in i am willing to help out, i can talk to Dover Hertrich Nissan Jeep, or any thing else. just let me know.

• I am more than willing to help out with anything that is needed. I am not sure what part of DE I will be in at that time, but most likely southern.

93 YJ 5spd w/ 4.10s, 3.5&WCF_AMPERSAND" black diamond suspension lift, 33&WCF_AMPERSAND" BFG all-terrains, crager 397s, alpine mp3 head unit and amp, 4.0TB, K&amp;N air intake<br />2008 Commander Rocky Mountain Edition 4.7 V8 (no mods yet, but prob soon)

• If you've stated that you are willing to help out this year, PLEASE make an attempt to be at the August meeting early.

We can have a Toy Run committee meeting at 4pm at the Lobby House just to run through everything that we usually need to get done. It's not time to contact the dealers and such yet, but it is time to get organized!

Paul

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!