Shoppin' for a Hitch...need advice...

• HI there!

Was hoping some one could help me out on this one...

I am looking to purchase a class III hitch for the rubi within the next week or so. I am unsure as to what brand to purchase or where to find the best deal. Also, is this something I can install myself with a drill and torque wrench or do I need to have it professionally installed??

THX!

• are you planning on doing a bumper and or tire carrier in the future?
    most of them come w/ a hitch and are not that much more.

for a hitch by itself, a hidden hitch will work fine, they are $99.99 + shipping or sales tax

• eastern marine on rt 72 is close and usually can get them in a few days.. its been a few years since ive been there... they used to stock most and could order the rest.. if they dont they could prolly direct you in the right direction... but like artie said.. quadratec is in West Chester.. you could pick it up there or have it mailed and save sales tax, gas, and your personal time...

as for installs its not too dificult.. a socket wrench a few sockets and some time are all you really need...
    me or many other members in the area would be happy to help out if you need a hand...
    Rob

• You could always go the route of a inexpesive bumper with a receiver...I just did that. Got the Warrior Products rear bumper with Receiver from Quad for like $155. They price matched 4wd Hardware. I didn't need it for towing but wanted it mainly for a hitch haul/bike rack...On the YJ, also got rid if the bumperetts.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• I have a hidden hitch that will fit laying in my attic, 87-06 SWB TJs, with hardware 50 bucks takes it.. :up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!