uwharrie national park

• just posting up, it may be a longshot for most people, but i was setting something up with some friends to go to uwharrie national park in NC my stepdad informed me of it, its a legal off road park in NC. i have about 6 people going at this time, not sure if anyone was up for traveling a distance to do some trail riding. it wont be for about 1-2 months, but if anyone is up for it let me know. also if anyone has been there or heard if the trails there are good let me know.

• I went last summer to ride quads there. Let me just tell you, it is BAD A$$! Nothing at all like the offroad parks up here, it cost's five bucks to get in and once you are in it is a total free for all. I have no idea how people don't die regularly there, quads and 4x4s all share the same trails with no guidelines per se. There are really no guidelines at all, they did say no drinking and driving but I couldn't count all of the people I saw cruising the trails with a cold one in there hand (I'm pretty sure beer doesn't count as "drinking" down south!). I have a buddy that lives about 30 min. from there and his crew wheels and camps there often so I may be up for it. If no rules, play at your own risk wheeling is your bag, you will love this joint! Post up some dates when you get a chance.

• well, I drove past it twice a couple weeks ago on my way to and from Alabama, if that counts :D

seen some pics of it on some other boards... be cool to take a week and go down there, wheel for a few days and take another couple days for an easy trip home through blue ridge parkway, skyline drive, etc

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• i didnt know thats how everything was there, but it sounds awesome. like i said we will probably be going down for a weekend, maybe leave on a friday night and go saturday and sunday come home monday or something. i will get some definate dates to let everyone know.

• Quote from "SLOPAR"

I went last summer to ride quads there. Let me just tell you, it is BAD A$$! Nothing at all like the offroad parks up here, it cost's five bucks to get in and once you are in it is a total free for all. I have no idea how people don't die regularly there, quads and 4x4s all share the same trails with no guidelines per se. There are really no guidelines at all, they did say no drinking and driving but I couldn't count all of the people I saw cruising the trails with a cold one in there hand (I'm pretty sure beer doesn't count as "drinking" down south!). I have a buddy that lives about 30 min. from there and his crew wheels and camps there often so I may be up for it. If no rules, play at your own risk wheeling is your bag, you will love this joint! Post up some dates when you get a chance.

This year they have really cracked down on the boozing on the trails. You get caught doing it, you're gone for good with a big ticket. There are a few new Rangers out and about and on the trails. There has been alot of off trail excursions, but they are mostly with the ATV'ers.

UNF is a great place on the cheap that has some places that can be as challenging as you like or easy enough for a stocker to enjoy too. It has rocks, mud, and steep climbs.

You can pick up a season pass for 35.00 or a day pass for 5.00. They are available at any of the UNF Ranger Stations, the sportsman shop on Highway 24/27 or at the Eldorado Outpost Station which is the closest the trailhead on highway 109.

Basic StickMap

GPS trail Map overlayed on 1/50 MGRS

• Wow small world, I didn't think I would find anyone up this way that had been there. I don't know how familiar you are with the place but when we got there we had no idea where to go or what to do so we just parked in lot and jumped on the first trail we saw, which just so happened to be "Daniel". GOOD LORD, no one told us that was the hardest, steepest, nastyest, rockyest hill climb in the whole place! We all made it to the top on two wheel drive sport quads and later in the day we talked to some locals on 4x4 quads that literaly did not believe that we came in that way on our sport quads. So, we went back out that way just to prove them wrong... :up:

• Actually I am just now leaving Ft. Bragg heading PCS'ing to Savannah. This was my 2nd time at Bragg and have spent almost 10 years there all together.

I get to UNF about 6 times a season that its open on average with all the deployments.

I am from Elkton, but havent lived at home since 1990.

• the International Full Size Jeep Assoc. is meeting there in a couple weeks.
    check the forums at http://www.ifsja.org for date info

so there should be about 100 Big jeepers there. I went last year and had the most fun ever.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• looks like were gonna head up the end of july, just a couple people to get the feel for the park before we take a huge group up there. if anyone wants to join around that time they are more than welcome, were gonna leave out on a friday night get down there and there is a place we have to stay the night, then were headed to the park saturday morning, wheel all day, camp out at the park, then continue sunday, then probably leave on sunday night to come back. were gonna be setting up 2 times to go, like i said a small ride end of july, and a big group sometime in september, anyone interested let me know so we can get details finalized.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!