BB on top of suspension lift?

• I just bought a 3.5 RE and am planning on putting it on within the next few days. My question is are there any pros or cons to doing a 2" BB on top of my suspension lift just to gain the clearance for some 35s? (and for no other reason than that) I do absoloutly no flexing it is my DD the only stuff I get into is a little mud every now and again. I basically just wanna get a little higher off the ground without messing with a body lift and gain more clearance for 35 or 36s.

• with the proper bumpstops u can run the re 3.5 and 35's

might look outta place im not sure

aside from the fact u will be just over 5 inches of lift im sure
    that will require a driveshaft and sye
    the vibes will be too much imo with out them

which re kit
    the std kit?

make sure u get adjustable front and rear trackbars for that much lift

• I did the 3.5 superflex and then put the 2 inch bb back up front and a 1 inch in back to level her up. Heavy warn Classic up front was causing the nose to dip a bit. Looks good, could run 35's now.

• i ran 1.25 spacers on top of my 2.5 springs while upgraded components to accomodate a 4" lift. before i upgraded to 4" shocks the 2.5" shocks limited flex severly. and i didn't notice until i actaully put the 4" springs in but the 2.5 springs+spacers with 4" lift components (shocks, trackbars, sye, upper control arms, DPA (*widely debated addition)) gave me a really crappy ride compared to the 2.5 standard lift and the upgraded 4 i have now.

let me know if this post makes any sense. i think it might be a little all over the place.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!