will 33's fit??

• I have a OME 2" heavy load coil lift on my 04 TJ and bushwacker 6" flares. Right now I'm running 31x11.50R15's on 15x10 rims. The OME lift actually took me up almost 3 inches and looking at things i can see why 33x12.50's wouldn't fit and still leave room for flexing.

I don't do alot of trail riding, most just on the highway and sometimes the sand.

Anyone have thoughts or experience on this?

• yes you have thoughts or yes they'll fit?

just kidding, thanks. just wanted a sanity check before placing the order for the tires

• yeah they will fit with 2" bb dr. j can attest for that.....but it wont flex well on the trails, get yourself a 1" bl and you should be good to go, im running 2" spacers on my new jeep and i have motor mount lift and jks 1.25" bl going on and some 33s sitting at my house waiting for wheels

so if i can do it with that much lift you should be fine with 3" and bushwacker flares

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• Not trying to steal your thread but I have almost the same question. I have a 2" Skyjacker Budget boost lift. with 32x11.5 on 8" wheels, and 7" flares with plenty of room. I don't do any trail riding yet, all beach travel. Can I upgrade to 33X12.5's with 15X10 rims

• yeah just dont disconnect your sway links and you may need to add some washers to your steering stops so it doesnt rub too much, why 15x10s?? why not 15x8s

• With 33x12.5 R15 i thought 15x8 would be too narrow. I have cragar chromes right now but i think i want to go with the non-bling look of black. i thought 15X10 with 12.5 inch wheels would look and function better. Do you have pics of both so i can see a look. Is there any particular reason why not? Besides with the 7" flares i just put on I have well over a 1" of space, it may fill it in a little better.

• Quote from "johnnyo"

With 33x12.5 R15 i thought 15x8 would be too narrow.

I have 33x12.5 r15 on 15 x 8s and no problem. I usually air down to 12-13 PSI.

• most people who run 33x12.5s do so on 15x8s ive had 3 sets all on 15x8s, they dont sit as flat and wide as on 15x10 rim and supposedly the beads on a 15x8 when aired down dont break as much as a 15x10, ive never seen a problem with either size its all preference and how much you want your tires to stick out and all, i just like the look better with 8" wide opposed to a 10" wide, check out TheMistaken for his 15x10s and check out Tigercb12 gallery for his 15x8s with 33s

Edited once, last by ().

• here is a few pictures of my jeep with 15x10s and 33x12.50

I air down to about 11 or 12 psi without a problem. With a wider rim it is easier to have your tread flat on the road. I hear that is better to air down with an 8" rim instead of 10 (although i have no problems), because the bead seats better on them. I love my rims, but am getting beadlocks for offroad ussage...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• It sounds like no one has had too many problems with either size. I planned on getting larger tires and wheels, so that is why when i saw a great deal on the 7" fender flares i jumped on them. Right now my flares are bigger then the 11.5 tires i have now, I just want to fill it out a litlle. i notice mistakens sit out quite a bit more then mine used to with the stock flares. Iwonder how it would look both ways with 7" flares and both size wheels. With 8" wheels doesnt it mean that the tire hangs over the wheels 2.25" on both sides.

• i think 15x10s would work fine and be about perfect for your 7" flares.....just think about a body lift so you can get a little more clearence under those flares

• Its all new to me so bare with me im still learning. How horrible of a ride would i have with my 2" spacer lift and adding a 1" BL versus spending $1000 and getting a 3.5" spring lift. Is there anything else i have to add with that scenario. Pitman arm, transfer case lower etc...

• if you do the body lift alone you will have to mess with the fan shroud if you do a motor mount lift or motor mount spacer then you wont have to mess with it and it reduces the angle on the rear driveshaft......mine rides like stock w/ 2" spacers shouldnt change with only the body being lifted....just limited flex from the shocks.

• I actually like the ride better since my 2" spacer lift. Its probably the better shocks, but it was well worth the money. I could fit 33's under my skyjacker bb, but it would rub.

• Thanks everyone. As for the question that Johnnyo asked about flares. I have the 6" bushwacker flares now and my 31x11.50's stick out a good inch or so from under the flares. the 15x10 really flattens the tire out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!