T-Case Drop

• I recently had the OME 2" coil lift installed on my jeep. Loved it until I went to put the thing in 4H last night. It was a wrestling match to get it there and then even worse to get it back to 2H. Also, you can forget about 4L.

The kit includes a bracket to lower the t-case. I'm assuming that somehow that was mounted incorrectly to cause this issue. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm planning to take back to the shop that put it on but I'd prefer to go in educated. Thanks

• I think your right. I just didn't know if it could have been something simple like the guy mounted the bracket backwards or something. I talked with someone from OME and they indicated that if it was done right, there shouldn't be any problems. But, then again, what are they gonna say.

• Prime example as to why you should get an SYE and new shaft over a t-case drop.

But yes - it is your linkage. It is quite easy to adjust with simple hand tools.

• If you follow your linkage under your jeep, there is a rod being held in place by a 12 or 13mm nut. Loosen that up and you'll be able to adjust the linkage rod. Ensure that your t-case is in 2wd. With that nut loosened, push your handle in your jeep all the way down. This should relocate that bar a bit. Tighten that nut back up, test it and you should be OK. I know it's a bit confusing to explain w/out pics and stuff. On my lift (re 3.5) I actually had to take out my linkage and have a machine shop extend it bya few inches.

• with a two inch lift you may not need the t-case drop period. Every Jeep is different though. I know on mine with a RE 3.5 I have very little vibes without it, but I couldn't stand any vibes so it is on there until the SYE and dCV shaft get put in.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!