Posts by vbquick1

I got a hold of that dude, I think we have a deal. I will know for sure tomorrow. I emailed fastenal for a shipping quote and as long as its not crazy...Im gonna go for it!

I am looking for a Dana 300. It would be really great if I could find one with a th350 adapter and/or a 4:1 kit installed (but that is really going to be tough to find). If anyone has one or knows of one that becomes available, I would greatly appreciate a heads up.

I was in last week and they told me that they did not have the proper fittings to test either, so they automatically passed me on those items. Failed me on emissions, tired to wide, and marker lights though.

Its an auto so I wont have to worry about it rolling. I mounted the non-e brake calipers today. They are from a 1983 Chevy Monte Carlo. I am looking forward to trying them tomorrow. I dont want to fire it up tonight.....probably wake up my neighbors. Thanks for all the feedback. I may try to get it inspected tomorrow. Heading up to summer nationals tomorrow afternoon, so not sure how much I will be able to get done.

I did get a jeep Ed!!! :spinrhead: Picked up an 84 CJ7 with D44's, 383, th350, np205, and a glass tub. I am pretty psyched. There currently is no e-brake or cables on the jeep. It appears that the previous owner placed the calipers on the wrong sides (both bleeder valves are on the bottom). There is probably a 1/2 inch of play between the pads and the rotors. I have spent a few hours researching what the issue could be and it seems that it may just be a lost cause. I have tried to adjust them every which way from Sunday and i am having no luck. It seems that the pistons may be seized on both of them. So if i can get away with no e-brake, the calipers will be about a third of the price and then I don't have to run the cables....and I get to stay from the old Hell Dorado calipers which seem to be causing most folks a lot of grief. Any input is appreciated.

Cue up the circus music.... I have no luck with these. Currently i have the el-dorado calipers with cable e-brake. I am considering going with a caliper that has no e-brake. I was told that a 78-83 Front Caliper from a monte carlo will bolt right up and has no e-brake. So the big question is.....does dmv check your e-brake when you go thru the lanes??

The white one looks nice, but a bit too mild for my liking. I need lockers, upgraded axles, skids, basically ready to wheel. The less work I have to do to it the better. Again, I know that I am narrowing the field down to just about nothing with a CJ7, but I figured I would have better chances of finding something if you guys are keeping an eye out for me. I have my eye on one out west, and I am starting to come the realization that I may have to travel quite a bit to find what I am looking for. In the meantime, keep the post coming. I would love to find something local...much easier transaction. The last thing I want to do is drive 12 hours and then find a jeep thats been hacked on. I appreciate your help.