Posts by Kuntryboy816

Ok so this is the gaping hole I am referring to. On closer inspection there are a few threaded holes that are empty which probably explains the missing piece. Pic orientation is from under the engine block facing rear of Jeep. That is the starter in the upper left corner (like I need to really explain to ya'll :rolleyes: ). Anyone know where I can pick up that replacement piece?

Ok.. I meant to ask this question yesterday but figured I'd do some searching via internet for the answer. Found a little info but not much. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I beleive I have the 999 trans on my '89 YJ. It's a 3 speed auto :( attached to a carb'd 4.2 6 cyl. This past weekend when I was under the Jeep checking out the starter I noticed that I could see the (I believe) flywheel in the transmission bell housing (will post pics when I get home). The exposed area is on the front side of the trans housing facing the engine/front of my Jeep. It doesn't look as if the housing has been damaged or like there's a piece of the housing missing. I don't even see any bolt holes for anything to be attached. Is there supposed to be something covering that hole?? Metal plate or rubber insert? The hole is about 8" long by 4-5" wide kinda half moon shaped. I'm concerned that any dirt/water/debris will get in this opening and ruin the trans. I've already been thru a lil mud before I saw this. :help:

Ok... here's a brief history/rundown of work done to the Jeep since I bought it in June. Ok, not all of it was done today but it's recent.
    Day I bought it. Definitely needs some mods

Austin (just turned 3yrs old) like's daddy's "big tires" though he could have been referring to "my" spare tire... :o

2months later out of the shop due to being in an accident 2 days after I bought it :(

New Smittybilt bumper and Zenon flat flares among some other stuff thanks to bonehead who caused accident :mrgreen:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i1226.photobucket.com/a…tryboy816/0821001029a.jpg[/img]
    Lots of lil rusty holes from old ugly flares. We'll call em extra drains ::)

Upgraded mirrors (CJ classics), installed black billet grill inserts, painted headlight bezels black. Yes this pic is from the canal, yes this is Reedy Point, yes I was tempted to do some Jeepin in the sand pit, yes I resisted that temptation and we fished off of the jetty instead, and no I was not a DEJA member yet... just sayin! :doh:

Sanded and primed(x3) all rust spots (last weekend) from removal of old flares. Haven't worked up the grit to Bondo them holes since I've never used it before. Did take off the original flare piece left on by the shop and removed the steps or should I say added 4 more drain holes ::)
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i1226.photobucket.com/a…tryboy816/0928001844a.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1226.photobucket.com/a…tryboy816/0928001845b.jpg[/img]
    Replaced batery cable connections and installed new battery tie down

Will keep posting mod pics as I get more into making her my own. Don't be surprised if ya'll see a set of steer horns mounted to that hood one day. :mrgreen: Just sayin...

That's a common problem. Bad cables will allow enough current to run most of the accessorie items but not the cranking power to turn the starter. It will act like a dead battery or you'll just get the solenoid clicking.

?? about that wiring... Would it be prudent to replace the wiring and if so where can I find the correct gauge? On the pic you can see that I cut it right at the connection but doing so also took out some slack on those wires. They're not bowstring tight but I don't want to have the wiring pull loose b/c it doesn't have any play. Thanks for the advice.

was it emissions that u had problems passing? did u do something special? ive been trying for two years to get mine thru. 350 chevy motor in cj7. dont know what year the motor is. it used to run like a dream but its been messed with by so many different people it runs like crap now. and yes, i tried that guaranteed to pass stuff several times. i ran her last year with t-tags. we'll be back out soon. prolly with t-tags. :bang: congratulations!

My brother just tried to use the "guaranteed to pass" crap in his 88 YJ (4cyl) and he failed the emissions test worse the second time around. :shrug:

I just had a problem with my YJ not starting last week. Same issue :cuss: . Lights radio & gauges all came on but when I turned the key farther to start I got nothing. Checked the starter, solenoid, wiring, grounds and everything seemed ok. Battery was good as I still had electric to everything else even the dash clock. :bang: I had same issue a week before b/c the neg terminal cable worked loose from the battery. Figured I'd switch the terminal clamps and voila! Jeep starts no problem and haven't had a problem yet. Easy $8 fix. Apparently the hotwire running to starter wasn't making a good connection at battery with the old dinosaur terminal clamp (see below). Not sure why b/c the wires are fused into the clamp itself. Hopefully this may help ya. :shrug: It's always the little thing that causes big problems.

I bought one of these about 3 yrs ago at the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show.
    http://www.eaglesnestoutfitter…/double-nest-hammock.html

I love this thing and use it often. I would reccomend the straps w/ it. You can hang the hammock just about anywhere on anything. This demo pic is pretty cool as well. I guess you can use the hammock as a bathtub in a pinch. :laughing:

Wouldn't waste the money on the rainfly or bug netting. I bought a bug net made for cots for $20 at Bass Pro and a small tarp for $5 at Walmart. Thought I had a picture of that set up but guess not.

I would hate for my tinted rear windows to be invisible. :roflmao:

:laughabove: Wonder what you invisi-tint would look like?!? :hysterical:

Thanks Lee&Sandi for posting this. I bought a bottle at Walmart yesterday. After scrubbing the windsheild clean (somehow I had bug splatter on the inside). Didn't think the Jeep was that fast in drvie let alone reverse. :shrug: Anyway I used it on the windows yesterday and Wow! Big difference! Although cleaning the Jeep period is also a big difference. :up:

Didn't happen to get a pic of the Jersey Devil :twisted: did ya?!? How long was your trip? Just a day-trip or did ya do some camping. Our last trip was just a day trip but the next one will be a weekender.

Awesome pic! 8) Glad you had a good time up there. Hoping to get up there before winter. Went w/ my brother & cousin in their Unlimiteds in late spring and had a blast. And I was only the navigator. :up:

speaking of repairs, does Union Auto Glass come to you to fix the small chips? something hit my windshield the other day and I need to fix it before it spiders out.

Opie

Chip repairs work as follows:
    1.) in shop $50
    2.) mobile repair is like $95

-chip must be smaller than half dollar coin
    -if it ever starts cracking from the area that it was sealed the cost of the chip repair will be honored towards the replacement of the windshield.
    -would definately go w/ Quadna's plan and get the do it yourself kit. Or just be like me and let it spider out for 2 years till price of the $485 windshield ('05 Kia Sportage <POS>) becomes aftermarket and goes down.