Posts by Gren71

<p>
    </p>

i can help if u r not in a hurry. Probably would be no earlier then mid april right now.

Yea im in no rush brother. Haven’t gotten parts or anything and still beating around 4.56 vs 4.88

Im open to any info, really just starting down the road of the regear.

from what ive read 4.56 would give more power for towing without over gearing. If memory serves with 33’s folks were seeing 2100k rpm in 8th and not having any issues.

What makes you think it would be an over gear?

285/75/17 for tire, not likely to go much bigger. Really looking for better towing performance. The mpg “shouldcome from the truck being able to 7th and 8th better while traveling at highway speeds. Going off s lot of other owners experience 4.56 seems to be the way to go. 4.88 are great but i wont really be doing any off roading other than the beach, and from what ive read the rpm range is a littl too high for my liking with daily driving.

Ive had him do work for me before, just didn’t want to pile it on him haha last time I messaged he said he was pretty swamped.

Im starting down the path of regearing my jt and had a couple questions for folks who have done it.

So far i know im doing dana 4.56’s and I intend to buy the master kit (suggested on another forum)

my questions are

does anyone know a reliable shop in de to get the work done? Id like to start price shopping

what are some of the pit falls yall have run into that I should be aware of/ look out for?

Why am i regearing? Mpg sucks, truck feels sluggish in general, pulling my travel trailer id like to feel more in control of the power and not alwayd behind the 8 ball accelerating and pulling it up inclines. The stock 4.10’s arent bad i suppose...but there is better out there

Been a little while since I updated y’all on my JT

installed...
    Rubicon take off rock rails/rims
    285/70/17 at tires
    Mopar tri fold Hard tonneau cover
    Cargo management rails
    1.5in alloy usa from spacers
    0.75in daystar rear spacers
    Headlight revolution LED replacements for halogen bulbs, drive and fog lights.
    Matte black hood decal (for sun glare)
    Truxedo bed bag
    Shortt antena
    Pull cords for my kids (found on etsy)

to be done still:
    rubicon bed rock rails
    Fox shocks
    More LED replacements

waiting on:
    OEM trailer break controller

Selling my Tactik 17in rims and my 35 Treadwrights. They have around 1,000 miles on them and are still in amazing condition. I have TPMS sensors to go with them, but they are not yet installed. Ill be taking them off tonight so they will be sitting and waiting for a new loving owner!

Asking $1,000 for all 5. Local pick up only please, the shipping would be significant but if your willing to pay it I can price that out. I live in zip code 19977, so you can ballpark travel time. I can also meet some where in the middle depending of where your coming from.

These tires/rims are GREAT on my JT, but I just want a different look. These were originally meant for my JKU, but I ended up trading it in just after I got these in the mail. I dont really care for the wider stance look. They are balanced and have had absolutely zero issues. Low road noise, I cant even hear the difference from OEM tires to these. Ride quality is also the same as OEM tires when the 35's are aired to 33-36 psi.

I know they are remolds, but give it a look. Ive used this tire company for YEARS. I air them down, go off roading, do everything with their tires and have never experienced a single problem with them.

Tires
    https://www.treadwright.com/co…at-axiom-35-12-5-r17-8ply

Rims
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/tactik/...07-16-jeep-wrangler-and-wrangler-unlimited-jk

I have a replacement Bestop Trektop, top only no frame / no windows. $400

You can get the frame here from quadratec
    https://www.quadratec.com/products/11132_9541_07.htm

I have JKU oem side steps with most of the mounting bolts. $75

Extended Third brake light kit for JKU, brad new in box - $75

1.5in wheel spacers (4) - $50

brand new JKU tonnou cover. $75
    --> https://www.amazon.com/GPCA-Or…ku+ton%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-9

Ive been plagued with issues over the last two years resulting in several thousand dollars in repairs and a crap ton of annoyance. I ended up finally deciding to just pull the trigger and get a new jeep.

I today picked up my new 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT! Ive always loves the old school jeep trucks and this thing is just beautiful.

Turns out my throttle body and fuels injection points were almost occluded with gook...after dealer cleaned it the problem stopped.

Sorta makes me loose faith in the seafoam cleanse.

I have been chasing a power loss demon for a couple months. recently had my plugs changed out hoping it was that.The power loss seems to have gone away, but now I will randomly stall at idle.

When the power loss happens the tach drops 500-1000 rpm and it "feels" like the trans is slipping.

When it stalls its idling at 650(ish) and it will sputter for a second then drop to 0. No codes, and starts up afterwards. Whats really tripping me up is sometimes, after restarting, it wont go into gear. I just shut it down and then restart and the problems is gone.

I looked last night and the air filter was gunked up pretty bad, so I was thinking maybe its a breathing issue. Cleaned that and started her up. It didnt stall, but it would still have the power loss of 500rpm or so.

I also thought maybe bad gas. I ran a water treatment and a can of seafoam through the last tank and a half. It seemed to help, but i really dont know.

Research is pointing me towards the vacuum lines, an o2 sensor, or cam phaser problems.

Any one have any thoughts?

I just replaced my front drive shaft and did a brake overhaul. If its as simple as those id be willing to give it a shot. The wobble and bump steer makes me nervous

I need to replaced my front ball joints pretty bad...111,000 miles and theyre shot. I have the upgraded ball joints already.

Went to IG burton in Smyrna and they quoted me $1,000 to install them! :doh:

Can anyone recommend another shop that may offer a better price? and / or has anyone installed them at home? Ive watched a couple of videos and it seems rather complicated.

Erock

They fella I spoke to just said that if I used a 35 x 12.5 I would need to find a 12.5 rim. I ended the conversation thinking that sounded reasonable...then started doing a little more research.

meeper

Really cant remember. I suspect it was someone who also may struggle with the wheel and tire sizing area of life, much like my self. Really im thankful for the answer because it lead me down an interesting path of research.

I am keeping the rims and will putting them on once I order new tires. Thats after I replaced my front drive shaft and ball joints...ugh.

Im looking to finally upgrade my stock rims. I currently have 315/70r17 crammed onto my stock rims.

I recently ordered
    https://www.quadratec.com/p/ta…and-wrangler-unlimited-jk

I really didnt event think to check fitment before ordering...rookie mistake.

The fellas at quadratech said 315/70 R17 wont fit on them...Im just wondering if i can make it work, similar to have I have with the stock rims...or do I need to send them back and continue the search.

Im selling my USED 33's

https://treadwright.com/collec…w2817d?variant=5386811651

They were re treads i bought in 2013. They have 40,000 miles on them. I replaced them for larger tires recently.

They have some signs of wear on em and wont last forever, but they'll bridge a gap for you if your saving for new tires...or just want a pair to beat the heck out of.

Im asking $75 for them all. I live in smyrna and work in wilmington. Your welcome to pick them up at either location.