Posts by Mabus

I recently upgraded wheels/tires and I'm looking to unload the rims and spare tire (never unmounted)
    The rims are stock JK 16" rims with brand new valve stems (no TPMS). 5x5 bolt pattern
    The four that were mounted are in good condition. Survived Rausch Creek (1X), the Pine Barrens (1X) and DE surf fishing.
    The fifth was mounted to the spare (included) and never used, so it's got full tread.
    The tire is 225/75/R16 and was never used. It isn't mounted on the tire but the unused rim is included.
    Asking $125 for all. Any offer $100+ and I'll throw in a Philadelphia Eagles spare tire cover.

Sharp looking rig. I just went to Rausch Creek this past Friday (first time there) with pretty much a bone-stock '12 JK Sport. Sixteen inch rims and stock tires and no plates. Ran greens all day and had a blast. With what you have now, you'd have run circles around my Jeep all day. Hopefully my tires will wear down soon so SWMBO will let me upgrade and maybe a lift.

It was $10 for the annual membership + the day of wheeling. I've been wanting to try RC for a while but money's tight and I'm afraid of breaking something, lol. It's my DD. Just heard they're letting us wheel the NE property for free (usually $10 extra). Supposed to be give-aways from QTec and others as well as WMMR stuff. Sounds like a lot of fun for $10. Glad I caught the FB post right away. Still a little nervous but excited to try something new. If all goes well, I'll probably have to start going on the DEJA rides too. I've told my wife from the get-go that when I need new tires, it's going to be an upgrade from the stock ones. I might even entertain a lift if I can afford it. Then I'll need skid plates, lockers, winch, new bumper of course...it's an addiction!

Thanks for the info. I'm the kind of person that tries to soak in all the info I can before something new. I've been to the Pine Barrens but RC is a new beast.

That reminds me also, I forgot to re-up my membership. I'll be sending that in soon.

1) Stafford
    2) Formud +1
    3) JMack +1
    4) Mabus
    5) Jkjeeper
    6) whatevah +1 sunday only
    7) Kuntryboy816 (tentative)
    8) skeets682 + blackRubi and the dogs(going up Friday through Sunday)
    9) Keith.eric (Sunday only) (very tentative - depending on what this impending fetus decides to do).
    10) Flutterby + 2 kids
    11) Shorebird 18/19 maybe Friday
    12) TheDarkSide +1. Friday - Sunday. Planning on camping but wouldn't mind a bed in your trailer bmf24!
    13) cj8 Friday - Sunday, camping
    14) YJDave + kids (not sure how many)(Days or Kids)
    15) Curly +1 Sunday only
    16) sandtostand + 1 Saturday.Sunday maybe friday
    17) tcatalano +1 sunday
    18) mazer820 +1 sunday
    19) teamsaus +4 Saturday camping/ Sunday 101
    20) NitroRubi +1 Comp plus half day on Sunday; camping Friday-Sunday
    21) E-Rock (tentative) +1 prob 2 nights, not sure if sleeping in truck, tent, or hammock
    22) JKGray10 Fri-Sun depending on weather
    23) Tonka- Comp / tentative for camping and sunday wheeling.
    24) DSterk +3 Sunday
    25) Tngent +3 [size=2px]Sunday, two jeeps[/size] (1 Jeep 101 class/1 Jeep trail run)

Home situation has changed for the worse and I can't make this. Pretty bummed as I was looking forward to it.

Joe-

We certainly can't guarantee anything but this trip will definitely be geared around minimizing the possibility of any trail damage and keeping it stock/dd friendly.

That's what makes this so appealing! I had a blast one time at the Pine Barrens with some awesome DEJA members and felt like I pushed the limits then without going overboard. All I really did before with the JK and the Liberty was driving on the sand to surf fish. I really want to get a feel for what my JK can do at RC. I have a limited budget, but I'm actually looking forward to needing new tires, lol. That's how I can sell an upgrade to SWMBO (and maybe justifying a lift to accommodate the new tires and then skid plates and then...).

:laughabove:

I picked up my son to take him someplace today and just outside his neighborhood a TJ slid off the road and was stuck in a ditch. It was lifted and had AT's but they were practically bald so he just spun and spun. I stopped and hooked him up and pulled him out with a few tugs. It was the first time using my recovery kit. Turns out it was my son's neighbor and they had never spoken before other than a casual "Hi". It's nice to know my stock Jeep with stock tires could get the job done. Saved the dude a few bucks and he was real happy I came along. :innocent:

If you have the time, head up to the Linc Sunday morning and walk around the parking lots. It's a 1:00 PM game so most of the larger tailgate vehicles will be there by 9:00 AM at the latest. At that time it's pretty easy to park within a few blocks of the stadium for free. There are several old ambulances converted to tailgate vehicles and just about everybody likes to show off their tailgate. While not an RV you can get a good idea of the potential looking at what others have done to trick them out. A buddy of mine converted an old UD bus to an RV and it's a beast. That might be a bit too big for most people tho.