Posts by J-Man

I just went through this. 90% is usually the track bar connections at either end are loose. Doesn't mean other issues aren't causing this, but start there. Even if something looks tight have someone turn the wheel while someone else checks all connections like stated above. (while jeep ISN'T moving obviously)

X2 try this before you go to any shop

Yea, I plan on taking it up to work and flexing on it with a forklift. Im also going to put some limiting straps on the front.
    I would like to get a traction bar on the rear next.
    Im hoping all this will make it 1000 times better off road

Thanks, I could of spent more time with it and made it better. Im down with good enough :mrgreen:
    I got everything from 2000sahara, I think its just a surplus ram. Im using a stock box and pump and it has a little delay as well. I have everything hooked up except bolting the ram to the tierod. Ive been out there bleeding it over and over, and over and over, oh and over and over :mrgreen: As soon as I make some tabs I should be good to go....

I did some more super fly fabin this morning. After doing some research on pirate I found a guy that made what I was looking for. Due to clearance I needed to run my ram above the tierod. This is what I ended up with.

way to get your money's worth Sal. Did you ever install that trackbar?

Yes...It was bolted up to the frame mocked up and that's the way It fit so I went with it. Things underneath of my Jeep are not exactly straight. (Cant imagine why? :innocent: ).

Could have something to do with the fact you roll it more than drive it. Or you were huffing that air freshener on the floor while you was welding it :mrgreen:

One things for sure, its straighter then my shit :up:

I did some more Ceciltucky ghetto fab work on my beater today. Im almost ready for my hydro assist install. Today I worked on beefing up my knuckles with a little double shear action. I know that technically i should shell out money on some high tech high steer for my balljoint 60s, but thats not what this build is about :mrgreen:

This is what I started with and btw works like shit, bolt ends up braking from the leverage.

I started with a big tab thanks to some old spring plates I had laying around.

Put some gussets from my pile of pieces on the floor

Driverside side

So Im not 100% sure on the end result of my steering yet. Im leaning toward the inverted T. Just welding some tabs to the tierod sound like the easiest way to go at this point.

more to come whether you like it or not :suspicious:

LED tail lights are great IMO...mine was a very simple install. You will need to replace the flasher relay and light the plate somehow (as Artie said).

I used cheap trailer LED's and ORO lights for the plate:

do you ever unload that shit in the back of your jeep? poor jeep ;( it looks constipated

:laughabove: What you do at big dogs is your business..

I see your point with having an expensive tent around drunk people, which a lot of times goes hand in hand with camping with friends.

The sad thing is the only trouble Ive had with drunk people falling on my tent was at rausch creek :doh:

That thing better have a bathroom in it for that much. As long as the tent is strong enough to support a tarp ( because I dont care how badass a tent is, if its raining Im using a tarp ) then its just fine in my book. You dont want to be that guy crying because some drunk asshole stepped on your 300 tent at bigdogs :mrgreen:

go check out dicks
    man that doesnt sound right

now the coleman looks cool!

I would just grind it and save that idea for plan B.

Also I would recommend that you tack weld the insert. I had to go back and weld in the one I had on the old beater because it started to waller around. Granted I did beat the hell out of it :suspicious: Wished I tacked in from the beginning

if it helps, i think a stock xj arm will give a tj 3" drop. you could probably find one for little or nothing.
    good luck