Posts by tedsbumper

Ed Graves is a sonofabitch!

One time, back in '06, Ed Graves tells me to come over to his house to help him move. I show up and the bastard's got a rope around a double-wide hooked up the the back of a CJ and he tells me, 'Packing is for sissies!' We caused three power outages and a 15 car pile-up that day and he still insisted on drinking me under the table afterward.

Ed Graves made love to my inflatable snowman once. It was such a beautiful act, I put the picture on my Christmas card every year.

One time Ed Graves met me at the bar and convinced me to wear a wig all night. He proceeds to get me hammered and later, as I'm puking my guts out, he holds back my wig hair just to show me what kind of man he would be if I were his woman. We stayed up all night watching Brokeback Mountain and drinking wine from a box.

Ed Graves is a sonofabitch!

Been off the radar a while. It seems as though some heavily and then not-so heavily modified Jeeps were competing. Are there different classes? Can I compete?

Edit: Just found it on the first page...right where common sense would lead you to find it.

Awesome KLR! A little bumperino for you...

For those wondering why on earth they would ever buy a KLR, many people in the dual sport world consider them to be the Jeeps of the moto world. They can go anywhere and get you back and you can fix them yourself for cheap. Great price for that bike.

x2... Congrats! Did they give you the build sheet from the factory with your name on it?

No, they gave my girlfriend the build sheet with her name on it. I wish it was mine, but still, nothing beats a girlfriend who buys her own rubicon and thus adds to my Jeep harem without costing me the payment.

I'm holding out to see what turds out of the rumor mill concerning the new Wrangler pickup and possible diesel option.

First time I heard of this several years ago, the first thing I thought was, "There's gotta be a better reason for wanting this other than 'we don't have one.'" If ever there was a more typical bureaucratic, bullshit, limp-dicked excuse for wasting OUR tax dollars, I haven't heard it. Why did the chicken cross the road? Let's see, no cops did anything heroic this year, but we give out an award every year, so go alphabetically down the list until you find one who's never gotten the award and isn't under internal investigation and we'll give it to that schmuck. Why? Because that's what we do. And for no reason other than to do it. This will bring in dollars, but it also brings in federal rules and regulations. I'm a huge fan of public spaces and federal and state parks, but I'm not a fan of this.

Nelson Sills, 561 Mesibov Rd in Houston. Best dog breeding program I have ever heard of. Bought my yellow lab from him 10 years ago. A more work driven dog you will never find. AKC master breeder of labs and AKC master judge of labs. His facility alone will convince you of their absolute dedication to producing top notch field trial and hunting dogs.

I kayak bait out when I'm shark fishing.... The real trick is landing it with the waves and all... Make sure you gotta saltwater kayak because their a beast to flip over when thier full of water.... Of course I did get a 500$ fine for launching frozen bait from a potato launcher a few years ago....and I got a 200$ fine for chumming on the surf fishing beach too.... I was informed that chumming would bring animals in that would eat most people. Sooooooo good luck haha.... Theyve seen me out there with kayaks and haven't said anything.... Just don't put a motor on it and u should be fine.... If you do give me a call because paddling out there 40 times a day sucks.

Really? $500??? What exactly was the charge?

One of the guys at the station called me this morning because he stalled his Jeep in the parking lot and then it wouldn't turn over any more. Lights and all come on fine. I had him perform the highly technical beating of the starter and solenoid and still nothing...not even the "click." So I went down there and we bump-started it and it ran just fine until he shut it off and again...no starty. So I have come to the conclusion that Jeeps, like horses, recognize unskilled riders and refuse to cooperate after a stall. No but seriously, I believe the jerking the stall out caused knocked loose the clutch safety swith and now the Jeep thinks the clutch is engaged even when it isn't. His Jeep with the clutch pedal depressed acts exactly like mine does when trying to start it with the clutch engaged.

Soooo...if my theory is correct, then where is the clutch safety switch? Up under the dash by the firewall or on the tranny somewhere?

It's a 2002 I-6 Wrangler.

All I have to do is wait...girlfriend ordered it so she can worry about the payments.

Lead time right now is about 4-6 weeks...however that is for ordering a std Jeep. Not sure if the special stuff is going to increase that. She gets a log-in to Jeep once the order goes online and she can track it's progress and it comes with a sticker with her name.

Pretty sure it was a Japanese company.

"GKN is a UK company. In 2005 they acquired Tochigi Fuji Sangyo (TFS) who built the air-actuated units in the TJ Rubicons. In 2006 they announced the EDL, or Electronic Differential Lock now found in the JK Rubis. Their web site refers to it as the Electronic Lock-up Differential but I believe it's the same thing."

Chinese/Japanese...what's the difference? We nuked one after a surprise attack and one is planning on nuking us in a surprise attack.