Posts by erager84

My 2dr wasn't really big enough for surf fishing supplies so we found a hitch carrier we no longer used and a pole holder my dad had bought used. He had rigged it up in his truck but it didn't work that great. We found some aluminum plate a buddy had collecting dust, some nuts and bolts and some paint. Now I can throw my cooler on there and equipment to drive on the beach whenever we go surf fishing. Also will be nice whenever I need more storage space.

https://imgur.com/a/hY5Hd

The Slime and Viar are 1.9CFM and the Masterflow is 2.5 fwiw. You're probably fine with not airing down too.

Yeah I went back and forth between them yesterday, I imagine I could skip the whole airing down all together usually. I just don't wanna listen to my dad or our buddy if i wind up stuck one day and have to get pulled out. "Why didn't you air down?" will be the first question.

I was thinking about this while i was waiting for the 2 trucks in front of me to air up on Sunday.
    Ultimately it didnt take long for them to roll thru but I was thinking it would be nice to have a good 12v unit for blowing up rafts and kids beach toys.
    keep us posted what you end up doing.

I ended up going with the Slime inflator that Kuntry linked. Seems like a pretty solid unit. Reviews were decent, had a few DOA's in there for reviews so I'm gonna give it a work out around the yard this weekend. Text it out on a 295/70r17 from 15 psi to 38psi. Chose it because it has around 30ft of reach between the power cord and air line, inline air gauge (to at least get close) and a built in led light which would be nice instead of holding a flashlight in my mouth while i drool down it. Carrying case. The design has two pumps or cylinders so it seems to inflate as fast as some of the higher dollar ones. For $64.88 on Amazon ($14.88) after my gift card it's worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…age_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Should be here today and I'll play around with it tomorrow.

:wavecrowd: :wavecrowd: :wavecrowd:

If only they would actually release this one. I doubt it'll end up in production. I love the old school front end. But the next time I get a new jeep it's gonna have to be 4dr. I like my 2dr rubi but I already miss my 4dr. Shoulda never traded it in. Now it's a decision, do I go back to a 4dr within the next year and lose my ass in value or tough it out for a few years. I got it for Rausch but life had different plans and I dunno how often I'm gonna be able to get up there for the foreseeable future.

I have constantly been looking for info on it. I've had my 2dr Rubi for a few months now and I really miss my storage space from my 4dr. Just stinks that the pickup will be that far out because I'd be really interested.

I do agree the pickup bed (from what you can see) doesn't seem to flow well with the rest so I'm thinking it's also a hack job just to test out the chassis and stuff.

I think the air hoses at the beach would be faster. I may take only 2 min to fill a camper tire but you will likely double that for a 33" tire. Ive used the air at the beach and they only take a few minutes to air my truck tires up to 80 lbs. I think you are better off putting that money toward a CO2 tank.

I was looking at that a little while ago but thought a little 12V air compressor would be convenient and easy to just grab and go. If I had a trail rig or something like that I would probably go towards CO2. My issue was the 1 pump at Broadkill takes forever when you have 4-5 people lined up trying to air up. I could just park and do it there while everyone else waits for the pump. And the utility of only needing 12V power to run it.

With that being said, how much use could I get out of a 20oz paintball tank with CO2 do you think? That would be a lot smaller than some of the bigger kegerator sized tanks I saw pictures of. I'm already griping about storage space in my 2DR after trading in my 4dr

https://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=42439.0

If you want to stop over at the house and try it out, just let me know.

Huh, might go with the Slime one then. Seems to be a pretty solid unit and the carry case is great so it doesn't get beat and banged around with the surf fishing stuff. Pretty decent reviews. Do you find the power cord and airlines give you enough reach for a 2dr? Seems like the hose uses proprietary fittings so might be a pain to extend. Could always add a little to the power cord though (within reason)

A review says this thing tells you to NOT have vehicle running? Why would they ever say that? 13.5-14.4V would let the pump run better/cooler than 12.2ish V and decrease the amperage in theory.

So I have $50 in credit card rewards (yeah I'm a real baller...) and have been surf fishing a lot more now. The air stations take friggin forever and I thought about buying a 12v portable one so I don't have to wait in line. I would prefer one that clips to my battery directly just because they seem to work faster. I have 33x12" tires. Viair sounds familiar, and I recognize Campbell Hausfeld just dunno of your experiences. Any other brands that work well? I don't really want to install a permanent one just because it isn't used THAT much and portability would be useful around the yard.

Cost can be over $50 but I'm kinda tight and would prefer to keep it under $100.

Edit: [color=rgb(17, 17, 17)][size=13px]https://amzn.com/B005ASY23I Seems like a decent one and has a built in tire gauge when you power off the pump. Says up to 33's. Opinions?[/size][/color]

Do lockers benefit you at all on the beach? I prefer beach driving in 4H but can't use lockers (Rubicon) unless I'm in 4L. I have a FlashCal so I technically can run lockers in 4H but is it even beneficial in that type of terrain? This is in an effort to not get stuck. Most likely if I end up stuck i'm probably going to go to 4L and lock front/rear to try and crawl out anyways. This is just when you're actually driving around etc.

Yeah very well could have just been a theme. I miss android's flexibility I just use iMessage so much. It'll be iOS for the foreseeable future.

https://play.google.com/store/…ilsw.launcher.prime&hl=en

Nova Launcher Prime is on sale for 99 cents right now, normally $4.99. It's a replacement launcher, basically a more flexible desktop. For those of you (knoxrents) who complain about manufacturers customizations like Samsung TouchWiz this replaces much of that. It's probably the first thing I installed on my new phone. There's also a free version just called Nova Launcher if you want to give it a try first.

Back when I was working for VZW launchers always seemed to be a huge drain on the operating memory/processor. Are newer ones still that way? Do these disable the manufacturer "launcher" and just run this one or is it still running on top of the factory. Not quite sure how to explain it now that i've been outta the loop for a year. I guess is it disabling TouchWiz or just running overtop of that?

I always wanted to root my androids (before i went iOS) but that was highly frowned upon by our data guys because we would show customers something on our phones that don't run the same OS as the one the customers buying. Then you undoubtedly get the customer with a bricked android/iphone because they tried it and failed. I never looked into rooting once I got some flak for discussing it at work.

[size=2]1. Deadfeat - camping[/size]
    [size=2]2. quadna[/size]
    [size=2]3. willf650[/size]
    [size=2]4. KnoxRents (Solo woohoo!!!) Camping site 10[/size]
    [size=2]5. JKGray10 - camping[/size]
    [size=2]6. Stafford - camping[/size]
    [size=2]7. Captain II[/size]
    [size=2]8. HuntinDE[/size]
    [size=2]9. JMack and family[/size]
    [size=2]10. TheDarkSide[/size]
    [size=2]11. nutrijeeeper[/size]
    [size=2]12. bmf24[/size]
    [size=2]13. Spedly[/size]
    [size=2]14. Flutterby - camping[/size]
    [size=2]15. Woody - camping[/size]
    [size=2]16. Whatevah - camping site 7 (arriving Saturday morning)

Gotta take myself off the list. Family event came up. If I get free I still might drive down to get in the sand but won't be fishing I don't think.[/size]

Just throwing this out there for anyone looking for something to do this weekend or have an impromptu meet up.

There is a 4x4/jeep offroad races in Frederica, DE Sat/Sun starting at 10am. Admission is a $10 donation. 12/under are free.
    There will be dirt drags and a figure 8/cloverleaf shaped track.

Located on Skeeter Neck Rd, Frederica DE 19946.
    I will be there all weekend and HuntinDE might be too along with Alex91YJ if he still comes on here. But we'll be with the fire/medical staff so no jeeps for us. I believe you can camp or bring a camper to the event.

https://www.facebook.com/pages…elers-INC/166670926689153 I hope that link works, FB is blocked on state computers.

I wanted to order the extended door pins from Quadratec to make putting doors back on easier. Has anyone found a cheap/home built option for these. I saw a guy who used a pen but I wasn't sure what everyone else used. I wanted to try and stay away from metal to try and reduce scratching up the hinge.

Side note, are the hinges aluminum or steel?

I did the FlashCal and it works great. Actually does a lot of other stuff too such as gear changes, DRL's, speedo and stuff like that. It can be upgraded to the tuner if you so choose via a software download evidently. I doubt I'll mess with it because the 3.6 gives me enough power but maybe with 35's the extra UMPH would be appreciated.

Mine has a higher idle during warm-up, but nothing after that. Is your AC or defrost on when it happens? I'm curious what the dealer has to say.

Ugh... It's an intermittent issue and of course 2 techs at dealer couldn't replicate the issue. I did have a few software updates for it so who knows. Maybe it will fix the issue. Dude was cool on the phone but I mean in the end if he can't replicate the issue he can't figure out why it's happening. Dealerships aren't typically going to just start replacing stuff to try and fix a problem they can't duplicate.