Posts by erager84

I have a extra CB radio that plugs into the cigarette lighter ... Older one but works good . I'll bring along if anybody wants to use

I am going to pick up a 12v cig plug adapter and try and wire mine up after i leave work. If it falls through I could use your extra one. But I think I should be able to get mine wired up without too much problem

I think im unhealthily excited about going up. Attention span at work is about nil and I keep wondering if I forgot anything important. It reminds me how i felt taking the turbo import to the drag strip.

For you guys that are driving your jeeps to the event, if it is your first time up you will be placed in the appropriate group based on your experience and what mods are done to your jeep. If you choose to run blacks and reds you are free to do so but keep in mind that trail damage possibilities go up with the trail rating.
    Please have these minimum requirements, operational 4wd including low range, front and rear tow points, a spare tire matching the size of the other four, a tow strap with NO metal hooks and a full tank of gas.
    If you have never been out on the trails, you WILL have a BLAST !

Thank you for the metal hook mention, I have a long snatch rope but picking up a shorter tow strap today cause that snatch rope would be tough to get right on a trail. Any feelings on the length that would be good?

I did the Flashcal 3570, which has the old school screen. It worked great to disable TPMS, adjust for tire size and i COULD adjust other stuff like DRL's, interior light timing, axle gears etc. No complaints here at all. Wasn't really interested in the actual tuning aspect of it. Tuning on an NA engine always seemed negligible to me without changing a cam etc for power. Maybe mileage would see a bump but I have plenty of power to still drive it on the freeway with 33's no problem so I held off. It said I can download an update to bring it up on par with the Flashpaq but I don't really have a need. I did the leveling kit, 295/70/17 tires and i'm 16-16.5 mpg with 3.73 gears. Had to play with a gps based speedo app on my phone to test out tire sizes. I think 32.75" had me within 1-2 mph of my actual speed.

Im in a 14 JKU

One thing that confused me was you have to hook it up and "marry" it to your jeep first THEN download the "Offroad" software and update it. Then it disables the TPMS if you were like me and didn't want to spend the money to unmount all the old tires, pull sensors, and put them back together. My Flashcal wouldn't take the Offroad software until I adjusted tire size and it locked itself to my VIN.
    And you might want to get bump stops due to the leveling kit not including them. Think I might do the hockey puck on the bottom plate for the bump stop trick.

Luke was awesome. Really knew his way around a workshop and took steps to make sure it was done right, not just done.

Would love to have you guys back. Who knows what my jeep will look like by then.
    Any suggestions on where to watch for Rubicon take offs? Wasn't sure what the different mod shops do with the tires.

Craigslist seems pretty common place for tires/wheels. My regular 17" take offs sold pretty quickly since I wasn't asking top dollar...they were in the way. Found a few listed

http://delaware.craigslist.org…p+wheels+rubicon&sort=rel

The teraflex budget boost comes with bumpstops but the leveling kit doesn't. I don't understand why since the front spacers are almost the same size.

Your right, it was the leveling kit not the BB. Going to forego disconnecting my first trip and ill get a bit more adventurous in April.

You only need 1" bumpstop extenders for that size tire (33.3" OD vs 32" OD, so a radius change of roughly 3/4"). The old-school trick is glue some hockey bumps onto the axle where the bumpstop will hit. Hit up the local sporting goods store for the pucks and the hardware store for some epoxy and you'll be good to disconnect the swaybar.

If you don't have quick-disconnect swaybar links, I wouldn't bother. Unless you want to run blue trails, you won't see much of a difference. If you're running with me in the 101 group, we might hit some easier blues (trail 12) where you'll still be ok with the swaybar connected.

That was my plan when i saw you taking a 101 group. I will get the other parts before the trip in April and be a little more adventurous.

I installed the Teraflex leveling kit on my JKU. 2" front, 1" rear. Tires are 295/70/17 with 4.75" BS for the wheels, stock shocks. Kit didn't come with bumpstops and honestly I hadn't really thought about it til now with the 2 Rausch trips coming up. Will the mild trails lead to a lot flex and possibly hitting my fenders? Could i run the mild (green i think) trails with sway bars connected to minimize this til I can get them ordered and installed before the April trip, or could that mess up the sway bar since i don't think they're meant for that kind of force? I should have just done it at 1 time but I plan on getting 2" bumpstop extensions asap I just doubt they'll get on by next weekend.

https://imgur.com/a/xQ0SR

I have a room, 2 queen beds for Friday night. Non-smoking. Up to 3 spots for anyone wanting to split a room. No murderers or anyone prone to destroying hotel rooms please. :up:

Shoot me a text or email, 302-535-9218 if you want to split room. Was like 56 bucks with tax so we'll just split it per person.

[size=1em]1. Stafford - gametime decision on camping or hotel based on weather
    2. Whatevah - likely camping both Friday and Saturday nights
    3. Slowpoke - Sunday - Blues and Blacks
    4. Sandtostand - camping - I will take a 101 group (maiden voyage, excited to get jeep on the trail since long arm install)
    5. Kuntryboy816 - tentative due to a few minor issues
    6. JKGray10 - Watching comp - Sunday Hard stuff if jeep is ready.
    7. Erager84 - mild trails, booked hotel room (2 queens) for Saturday night if anyone wants to split it
    [/size]