Brake lights

• Whats the deal with those flush mounted tail lights? Are the approved for on road driving. Whats the name of them?

• some of them are. to be legal though, you need side markers. either reflectors or actual lights, I can't recall which. no special name, there are some brand names "lite-dots", but some you can find in any truck shop.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Yeah was tryin to find some on quad but cant find anything. Just think they give the jeep a clean look.

• has anyone seen where they flush mount the stock tj lights

its pretty interesting and provides the same clean look effect

• i know that lynn from rausch creek sank her OEM lights on her teal Yj - i never saw them lit up so i don't know if they were incandescant or LED...but they looked pretty cool. i have LED lights on the back of my TJ but i think they will fail inspection since the rear side markers are nonexistent.

• I have the 4" LED lights in the rear and a small LED on eather side in the rear.

I still failed inspection because the LED's do now have reflective properties.
    so I had to add some stick on reflectors.

• Does anyone have any pictures of them from club. How hard is the installation of the lights. I was reading about how to make them work to actually be legal in delaware doesnt seem like that much work though.

• http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=14140

These are what I have...side markers built in. They send you reflective tape that you can put on,
    (and remove) when inspection time comes. Took me 20 min to install.

This link is how I got rid to the annoying "fast blink" you get from the decreased resistance.

http://coloradooffroad.org/leds.htm

I love 'em.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• You can take a look at my heep if I come up on Friday, I've got flush leds. I have clear lights that turn Red when they are on.

Couple of options too...

You can do LED stock looking tail lights -- led, not flush.

Here's a side view of the ORO lite dots, and you can see they are pretty tough even after getting smacked. These are not completley flush, but they are close. These do not meet DOT standard as of what I last heard. So you might have trouble passing inspection.

Here's a view of the side marker lights

Then you have full LED tail lights which you have to cut about a 4inch hole in the back of your jeep to put them in.

Here's some examples

You can also do ovals (so many different ways to put these in to)

You can also sink your stock tail lights --

If your going to just cut a 4inch hole and put in some leds, or do leds in general let me know and we can take a look at some pretty bad ass ones at 301 Chrome in Middletown.

• i like that chris. i might have to steal your idea a little bit

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Josh, The LED stock looking square lights you have, You like them? Are they much brighter than the stock lights?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!