Bumper extension removal

• Well, here's what happened....they are not torx screws after all. They are allen head. But, they were so rusted that it didn't matter -- they weren't coming off. I bought a tap set at Lowe's to drill them out and remove them, but that actually didn't work either. So, I cut off the plastic with a reciprocating saw, and then had to grind the screws from inside the bumper. They were very hard screws and it was a bear, but they are now off. Sorry I had to trash the plastic extensions (in case I need them in the future), but that's the way it goes I guess. I think somebody manufactures a plastic "plug" that covers up the hollow ends. Right?

I bought pair on ebay for $19.99 + $2 S&H. Not a bad deal and fast shipping. Seller was [jeep-n-things].
    My screws were torx. I got them right out by soaking them with P/oil for a day or two before even thinking about removing them.

• the cut bumper is what i did it will pass just went though last week and he didnt even look at it, chief if ya want i can cut it for ya if you come to my house its is a simple job will only take 30min to 45min including disassemble and reassemble

• the cut bumper is what i did it will pass just went though last week and he didnt even look at it, chief if ya want i can cut it for ya if you come to my house its is a simple job will only take 30min to 45min including disassemble and reassemble

To tell you the truth, I was wondering how the front bumper comes off. From what you say, it seems like it's not a big deal to remove it, but as I lay under the bumper on my garage floor I'm not so sure which bolts to remove. I'd like to hang onto your offer to help me with the cutting. I appreciate it.

BTW, this weekend I mounted my new bumper jack on my rear bumper. I used two 1/2 inch x 4" bolts. Even found some rubber end caps to go on the bolt ends so they don't jab and but peoples' legs. Very proud of myself! Wish I knew how to post a picture on this forum.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• To tell you the truth, I was wondering how the front bumper comes off. From what you say, it seems like it's not a big deal to remove it, but as I lay under the bumper on my garage floor I'm not so sure which bolts to remove. I'd like to hang onto your offer to help me with the cutting. I appreciate it.

Six 1/2" bolts. 2 on the top of each frame rail and 1 underneath each.

• To tell you the truth, I was wondering how the front bumper comes off. From what you say, it seems like it's not a big deal to remove it, but as I lay under the bumper on my garage floor I'm not so sure which bolts to remove. I'd like to hang onto your offer to help me with the cutting. I appreciate it.

BTW, this weekend I mounted my new bumper jack on my rear bumper. I used two 1/2 inch x 4" bolts. Even found some rubber end caps to go on the bolt ends so they don't jab and but peoples' legs. Very proud of myself! Wish I knew how to post a picture on this forum.

yea man just let me know when you wanna do it, i did it to my jeep and it doesnt take long at all i use a 4in cut off wheel on my 4 in grinder i will post up a pic of mine tomorrow to let you see how i did it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!