PA Jeeps 13th Annual All Breeds Jeep Show

• got pulled over for no doors in Kennet last summer. got off with a warning but did homework and it's definitely illegal unless it's an older jeep that came from the factory without doors. (they used to be an option up until the mid to late 70's I think) There have been posts on here about it before.

• but can they really give you a ticket if you aren't from the state? i mean how are you suppose to know about the law if you are not from PA?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• but that is different the speed limits are posted, there isnt a big sign when you get in to PA that says hey you have to have doors on to drive in this state.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break the law. you are responsible to know the state and federal laws that govern any area that you visit. ..........................................that is pretty close to a direct quote from the Officer that pulled me over when I asked the same thing. He said I got the warning because I was from out of state, if i would have had PA tags then it would have been a ticket ($75 bucks or something like that I think)

• I am thinking about coming up and was wondering if you have to pre-register to run the obstical course, or if thats just to be in the judging. Also what kind of equipment is required to run the obstical course, like skids, batt tie downs, etc? And could the course be run in a cherokee with no lift and 30 or 31in tires.

• Doors not allowed in PA???? When did this start. I just moved here from PA 6 months ago and always rode w/ no doors. I got a set of mirror relocators so I wouldn't get hit w/ that violation, but other than not never had a problem. Just another reason Pennsylvanians are moving in droves to DE!

I have been running without doors also lived in pa all my life i believe you have to have mirrors?I hope.

Wayne

• I have been running without doors also lived in pa all my life i believe you have to have mirrors?I hope.

PA Jeeps website has much more info on it but it is my understanding that Jeeps newer than 1986, (the year doors weren't optional anymore) require doors. If you read below however, it states that they aren't required on convertibles in the code but inspection code is different. :shrug: Same thing with mirrors. Code says at least one rear facing mirror with a full view of the rear yet inspection code states "as originally equipped."

Bottom line is I run without doors all of the time locally but I wouldn't mess around out there. The cops are definitely onto the door thing in York.

[quote author=PA Codes]§ 175.77. Body.
    (e) Fender flares. A vehicle may be equipped with fender flares not to exceed 3 inches.

(f) Doors. A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with doors of a type used as original equipment. The doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side. Tailgates, except on vehicles where the tailgate gives access to the passenger compartment, may be replaced with wood planking, nets or other material that will prevent loss of load. Tailgates may be removed when optional equipment, for example a truck camper, is added.[/quote]
    [quote author=PA Inspection Codes]
    (4) Check the door operation, including the tailgate, and reject if one or more of the following apply:

(i) The doors, except a tailgate on a pick-up truck, are not on the vehicle if originally fitted by the manufacturer.

(ii) The doors, including the tailgate, do not open and close securely, unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side.

(5) Check outside mirrors and reject if one or more of the following apply:

(i) The mirror is cracked, broken or discolored.

(ii) The mirror will not hold adjustment.

(iii) A vehicle does not have rearview mirrors as originally equipped by the manufacturer.

(iv) Outside rearview mirrors, with a minimum reflective surface as described in § 175.68 (relating to mirrors), are not installed on both sides of the vehicle if a certificate of exemption for a sun screening device or other material has been issued by the Department. See § 175.264 (relating to mirrors). A vehicle for which a certificate of exemption has been issued for medical reasons may be equipped with only a left outside rearview mirror, unless originally equipped with an outside rearview mirror on both sides of the vehicle.

(v) The mirrors, if originally so equipped, are missing. [/quote]

• Hey Bill i have been driving without doors for about 2 months to big dogs and last weekend to raush creek.I just put my doors back on.Thanks can't afford a ticket,hope what happend at big dogs everyone can get along.I wheel like the marines,just like this weekend.Hope to wheel again with you?And all the other guys ,Guys And gals i wheel with i feel there family.Thats the way Deja made me feel.

hope all is good Wayne

• As of right now I plan on going. I'll be looking for a new set of rocker guards.

I want a set for my JK too. See you guys there. If we don't book our hotel soon, we will be in a tent with three kids. On Monday, we are planning on taking them to Hersey Park.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!