Multiple Windows

• With the new site, I seem to have multiple windows opening up. I finish up, log off, and close the window, and there usually are several windows still up from various point in my session. What's causing this?

• only thing I can think of is the PM window. in your options, it's set to open a window if you have an unread PM

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Mine opens a new window every time I click a link. The old site did that too. I think you can change a setting on your browser or in Windows to keep it from doing that.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• the poping up isn't an explorer or windows issue, it is site specific. the coding will tell it to "popup" a new window when a link is clicked.

• BlueJ, what windows were left open? the PM window?

anybody else have the same problem Sara has? Sara, what browser are you using?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• This morning, after checking forums (no PMs), I had three DeJA windows open. Don't know why...

• This morning, after checking forums (no PMs), I had three DeJA windows open. Don't know why...

do you remember which windows? topic pages, forum index, front homepage?

Jerry / Whatevah

• I think they were topic pages. I don't even know how to get to the homepage from within the forums.

• from within the forums pages
    where it list all the forums
    at the top of the page
    just under where is says
    "hello bluej"

itll say homepage ,foums .....and so on
    just click the link for homepage

• I just saw that. My computer at work takes a while to load these pages, and often I see just the white letters on the light grey background, before the darker gray bar shows up. It's tough to see those...

• Jerry, I mostly use MSN Premium Explorer v9.20.0029.3000 'cos that's what it goes to from my MSN Premium Inbox on a topic reply link. I usually get the extra windows when I click on a link within a post. I just forget to close them and the next time I go from an email notification, it opens a new window. No biggie for me, I just forget to close them sometimes. Once in a while I use IE 6.0.2900.2180... I usually have a bunch of windows open at the same time so I can do a bunch of different stuff at once and the fresh air is nice too. :spinrhead:

BTW - why does my avatar look all squished up? It looks like a wide screen movie being viewed in square TV aspect (I forget the ratio #'s).

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

Edited once, last by SarasGP ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!