stupid hackers

• as I'm sure the DEJA forum addicts have noticed, there have been several recent times lately where the website has stopped responding. the server has at least one hacker group trying to get into the server. I've got the security set high enough so it isn't a problem, they can't get in... however, they are trying hard enough that it overloads the program that hosts the webpage content, and I have to reset it.

hopefully they'll get tired of not getting in and give up soon. as a note, I received a warning about the attacks from the department of homeland security. :o how they knew about it... hehe I dunno.

there isn't much that any of us can do about it (except me adding them to the firewall), this is just to let you know that... YES, I know the server might be "down".

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• nah, I stopped doing that a few years ago. I only do return hacks if it's aimed at my home internet connection. heehee. I'll get onto their computer and print out (on THEIR printer) 10 pages that say nothing but... "11. Thou Shalt Not Hack" :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• nah, I stopped doing that a few years ago. I only do return hacks if it's aimed at my home internet connection. heehee. I'll get onto their computer and print out (on THEIR printer) 10 pages that say nothing but... "11. Thou Shalt Not Hack" :D

can you teach me to do this?? :innocent:

Fricking kids these days. :bsflag:

• It may be one of the few that feels this way, but hacking back really only adds to the problem. Unfourntantly when I was a little younger (not that 30 is old :D) I was stupid enough to try to show off to my friends and hack things, its really just a giant scream for attention. The mentality is "look at what I can do, I hope it pisses you off". The best thing is block them and ignore them, then its no fun and gets boring.

• I've been using the same host for my websites, and client websites for over 5 years. None of the sites have ever been slow, or hacked. Their hosting costs $7.77 a month. Why aren't we trying something like that?

• some sites are just better targets than others... DEJA was hacked a lot before the new site, once the hackers realize they can't get in, it'll be back to normal. it's smooth right now because the hackers are supposedly in Romania (says the DHS), and I guess they are asleep.

Jerry / Whatevah

• can you teach me to do this?? :innocent:

Fricking kids these days. :bsflag:

:wstupid: :wstupid: :wstupid:

Audi A4 2.0t quattro<br />gone: 2000 4 banger<br />(w/ no AC lol) BB and 6cyl springs 31x10.5 Dunlop Mud Terrains Lights and toys:-)&nbsp; <br />gone: 91 yj blood, sweat, and rebuilds&nbsp; Will accept all donations of beer, parts, and money.

• I've been using the same host for my websites, and client websites for over 5 years. None of the sites have ever been slow, or hacked. Their hosting costs $7.77 a month. Why aren't we trying something like that?

In the end our address is still going to be http://www.delawareja.com no matter what server the site is physically located on. They've already decided to hack us (probably randomly) and won't give up until they can't get any further. We just need to ride out the storm.

• well, the attacks have pretty much dropped to the normal level, so there isn't really anything to show... about 1 attempt a day to get into the server via the manual command console, which has some serious passwords and disconnects you after 3 invalid paswords. those attacks are usually from hacked servers in the USA that are being used by an automatic script which tries to find other insecure servers. Those are usually shut down in a couple hours after being reported.

Jerry / Whatevah

• iv got a program that pings ip addys and gives you the names, phon numbers street addys of the person, people S#!t them selves when you call them up and tell to stop hacking the site

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!