HELP ME PLEASE

• Alright I figured out that the reason my computer won't keep me logged in to Deja or any other site for that matter is that it won't accept or won't store cookies for some reason. I use Netscape as a browser and when I click on Edit and Preferences and then security and then cookies I have it set to accept all cookies. I erased all the cookies (under Manage Cookies) and then went back on Deja and logged back in. After doing so I went back into Manage cookies and there aren't any stored. So I'm pretty sure that my computer is F%%(*d up or something.

If someone could tell me what else to look for I'd appreciate it.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I HATE IE and I've never used Firefox. Either way I don't think I should have to change browsers. Theirs obviously a problem with this and it only started about a week ago. I just need to fix it.

:upset:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I HATE IE and I've never used Firefox. Either way I don't think I should have to change browsers. Theirs obviously a problem with this and it only started about a week ago. I just need to fix it.

:upset:

Brian,
    Give firefox a try.
    Its a whole lot better than IE and free

• I think the reason these guys are suggesting a different browser is because the problem could be anywhere. It could be in the registry, a corrupt dll, or even a corrupt kernal. If you want to keep using Netscape, I suggest uninstalling it and re-installing it. Even that may not take care of it, so you may want to find someone who can tell you how to completely uninstall Netscape first.

Good luck!

FWIW I use IE 7 and I'm very happy with it. It has a lot of Firefox's features.

Mark

• the thing about firefox is, there are so many differrent features coming out everyday you can install things like a IE conversion tool...which converts the page to think its IE.

Thats what I use. When I can't get a page to load, I click the button to get it to load in IE mode.

• sorry I haven't posted, I really don't know anything to suggest, I haven't used Netscape since version 4.7. which version are you using? if it's a current version I'll download it on my system to test it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Its netscape 7.1 . Whats the chance a virus could do this. I do get cookies from other sites but not here or some of my other jeep sites. Also when I go onto Netscape or Firefox to download a new browser it gives me an error code and tells me to contact my administrator.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I suppose it's possible that a virus could do it, more likely that a virus scanner is messing it up. do you have any type of virus scanner that has a firewall? norton internet security, mcafee, etc?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I didn't even think about it before but I run everything through Ghost surfer first then my browser. I went into that program and changed a few settings and now it all works again. I even checked my gallery and its working fine again also.

Thanks Jerry

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• oh... well, glad you figured it out. :D (posting using Netscape 7.1. lol)

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!