• i run the stage one and two of the teraflex LCG, 4 link rear, no issues at all...love it, honestly the only thing that kept me away from the clayton was the looks (nut welded to square tube didnt seem strong enough to me) the tera rods are 3/8" wall tubing.....

• I've been wheeling mine fairly hard for going on 2 years now and I haven't had any such issues. What could be the difference?

Alot of that is a function of how the materials react to our weather in the north east. The bent arms are a very common problem I have seen 5 bend and only 2 of them were on obstacles that looked "hard".... It wouldn't be an issue if they would warranty the arms like clayton does but RE will not... If Artie couldnt' get an arm warrantied I doubt anyone in this club can....

• Alot of that is a function of how the materials react to our weather in the north east. The bent arms are a very common problem I have seen 5 bend and only 2 of them were on obstacles that looked "hard".... It wouldn't be an issue if they would warranty the arms like clayton does but RE will not... If Artie couldnt' get an arm warrantied I doubt anyone in this club can....

That's stupid. You would think that for a company who has so many customers a quite decent reputation would do something about that. The shit is suppose to be built to last and take a beating in the mean-time. I think I have made up my mind, thanks for all of the valuble input guys...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I thought that thread play would be a long gone concept since I replaced the Teraflx short arms (that whole threaded rod thing to facilitate flex...)

I guess Ill a** up those jamnuts before I drive my rig again...

On a side note - my rig fell outa inspection on 8/15 :) Just haven't had time to swap the tires and run it through the DMV yet...

What are the differences when attempting to replace the RE long arms with the claytons? Do they retain similar mounting mechanisms? Would there be a suitable replacement for the long arms on my tri-link? The RE kit just re-uses the 4 link uppers, sends rebuild kits for the frame-side connections and gives you a 3rd joint with a 5/8" bolt superflex joint.

--Randall

• They are a different design all together. The Claytons are still a 4 link, but the two rear uppers bolt side by side on the Axle Truss thus making it a triangulated rear.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Clayton offers a set of arms that replace all the arms from RE.....

So, in theory, I could replace all of the arms with the Claytons, but I'd probably have to keep the rear uppers RE? Do the clayton arms themselves thread onto the joints the same way? i.e. could I use the clayton upper control arm RE replacements and thread them onto the RE 3rd 'uniball' superflex joint?

--Randall

EDIT - Granted, I have no intensions of doing this until which time as any of my RE components break...

• You use the same arms for the uni-ball, Right?? I have never seen it, only read about it on the interenet. I also know clayton will make anything you want sooooo you could probably get any arm replaced....

Yeah, same arms - although the adjustment side (the threaded rod side) is reversed. With the stock RE LA, the rear uppers adjust at the frame side superflex joint, but with the RE trilink, the rear uppers adjust at the uniball side...

That being said, as long as the replacement arms were threaded the same for the uniball - it'd be all ok. Again, this is all speculative since I've not broken any RE gear yet and at the end of the day, just replacing the rear lowers might be satisfactroy since the rear uppers dont usually wind up in harms way...

--Randall

• Granted I may have only met Artie once or twice, but I do not think that you wheel nearly as hard or as often Chuck. No offense or anything, just saying.

did I miss a comma, or something? not trying to start a pissing match, just trying to understand who does what and such.
    that said, when I bent my rear arm, the entire weight of the jeep was on JUST that arm. when it bent the front tires came down nice and easy

• did I miss a comma, or something? not trying to start a pissing match, just trying to understand who does what and such.
    that said, when I bent my rear arm, the entire weight of the jeep was on JUST that arm. when it bent the front tires came down nice and easy

[me=Randallman]still remembers when Artie had a stock TJ :) :) Or was it a YJ back then in Hockessien/Yorklyn?[/me]

--Randall

• 95 yj 4cyl :laughing:

that was only 7 years ago! I thought your tj was HUGE on 33's

Back then, 33's were similar to today's 36's/37's... 35's were like today's 39's :P

We should go wheelin' sometime as some type of symbolism of the old school and the new school :)

--Randall

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!