• Yea so I am halfway thinking of going to long arms and 4.5" or 5" springs. I would like to get a "tri-link" style rear end in order to eliminate the rear track bar and allow for better squat and droop. I have looked at several options for these, well two options so far, but have read much and heard much about several long-arm kits. to my knowledge there are...

RE Tri-Link
    Rock Krawler X-Factor
    Nth Degree
    Clayton Hard Arms

Anyone else looking at? Any personal preferences? Am open to many ideas and all info.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I think that i am leaning towards the Clayton Hard arm triangulated 4-link. I like what they are offering now that i have actuially looked at them.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• One thing to consider about the long arms, is that the Nth kit is the only one
    (that I know of) that has a bend in the arms that keeps them tucked up out of
    the way.

That may or may not be a good thing (still can't tell for sure) as that takes
    some protection away from the drive shafts, but it does give you more clearance.

As long as you're searching on ROF, I'd see what people were saying about the
    Nth.

&quot;I mean, I&#039;ve always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else&#039;s hair.&quot; - Clint Eastwood -

• Most people who I wheel with had the RE kit and after much cursing and beating on frozen arms and joints got rid of them and upgraded to clayton's stuff. His upgrade kit is only $1499.00 I just don't see how anyone can go wrong....

• Most people who I wheel with had the RE kit and after much cursing and beating on frozen arms and joints got rid of them and upgraded to clayton's stuff. His upgrade kit is only $1499.00 I just don't see how anyone can go wrong....

I personally have not had any issues with the 'superflex' joint, but I guess I could see how it might happen... It's just plastic races for a metal ball with a hole through the center... Perhaps the plastic races like to bust up?

I'll be sure to notify the board if I have any similar problems...

That being said, I prefer the true 3link to the triangulated 3 link that a lot of companies sell..

--Randall

• It is not the races that seize, it is the bolt seizing inside the ball itself making removal and reuse a near impossibility. It has happened to 8 arms I have worked on myself so i would it happens fairly often. The other issue is with the adjusting threads, I have had that happen to me on 4 arms where the jam nut or the sleeve itself seizes. All I can say is just make sure you anti-seize the hell out of everything....

• It is not the races that seize, it is the bolt seizing inside the ball itself making removal and reuse a near impossibility. It has happened to 8 arms I have worked on myself so i would it happens fairly often. The other issue is with the adjusting threads, I have had that happen to me on 4 arms where the jam nut or the sleeve itself seizes. All I can say is just make sure you anti-seize the hell out of everything....

Heh, my jam nuts for my arm adjustments arent even tight against the arms anymore. They just sorta truck around on the threads whenever they feel like it. Occasionally I run them up hand tight, but it winds up un-tightening. I figure it doesnt really matter since the arm cant really twist more than so many degrees either way anyawy. Only time those jams are really relevant is when you take the arms off. Correct me if I am wrong, but...

That being said, the bolts siezing up? I've had bolts break, but never seize... I had a broken bolt take out the shaft before, but I havent broken a rear upper bolt since I went 3 link.

• if you dont have the jam nuts tight you increase the likely hood of pulling the threads out of the joint (dont ask) make sure those things are tight and stay that way

• if you dont have the jam nuts tight you increase the likely hood of pulling the threads out of the joint (dont ask) make sure those things are tight and stay that way

I'd have to agree with Tony...worst case it'll pull the threads out, best case (like happened to me) you'll develop play in the arm which can cause the axle to shift slightly when loading and unloading. Gave me a clunk and some rear steer before I figured it out and took a pipewrench to the jamnuts.

--Ian

• Turtle, do you know many people that run them? Any advice?

You couldn't pry them out of my cold, dead hands...the claytons arms are one of the few things on my jeep that have been beat to hell and never had an issue. Take a look at the meeting...they look like a dog chewed on them but they're straight as an arrow. More than can be said for Artie's RELA which has had to have bent arms and frozen joints rebuilt/replaced.

--Ian

• I run the RE LA and have had a few minor ($280) issues.
    The jam nuts froze, making them non adjustable controlarms.
    had to cut some of the bolts out to replace the joints
    bent them. once major and had to be replaced, once minor and is still on the jeep waiting to be replaced

If I have to replace any more it will be w/ clayton arms.

• I've been wheeling mine fairly hard for going on 2 years now and I haven't had any such issues. What could be the difference?

&quot;I mean, I&#039;ve always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else&#039;s hair.&quot; - Clint Eastwood -

• I've been wheeling mine fairly hard for going on 2 years now and I haven't had any such issues. What could be the difference?

Granted I may have only met Artie once or twice, but I do not think that you wheel nearly as hard or as often Chuck. No offense or anything, just saying.

Ian, I am going to do my best to make the meeting, I am suppose to be working, but I am going to try and take a lengthy lunch. At least, I will be there for few and will check out your arms.

• Granted I may have only met Artie once or twice, but I do not think that you wheel nearly as hard or as often Chuck. No offense or anything, just saying.

Ian, I am going to do my best to make the meeting, I am suppose to be working, but I am going to try and take a lengthy lunch. At least, I will be there for few and will check out your arms.

....uh, ok.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!