Trail Ride and Gathering Confusion

• It may be due to my ignorance of 'puters, :rolleyes: but I'm finding it confusing to keep information on multiple threads of the same trail ride straight. We always have a thread in "Trail Rides and Gatherings" which is good. But we also seem to have it posted in the NEWS banner on top of the page. This seems to take us to ANOTHER thread on the same topic.

I believe the one on the banner is for signing up(?). Can we make it like it was on the last websight, where we went to the calender to sign up and you could pretty much ONLY sign up on the event calender with only a small blurb like, "I'm there", "I may have to work but...", or "giving my money to Slimer so he can go"?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• It may be due to my ignorance of 'puters, :rolleyes: but I'm finding it confusing to keep information on multiple threads of the same trail ride straight. We always have a thread in "Trail Rides and Gatherings" which is good. But we also seem to have it posted in the NEWS banner on top of the page. This seems to take us to ANOTHER thread on the same topic.

I believe the one on the banner is for signing up(?). Can we make it like it was on the last websight, where we went to the calender to sign up and you could pretty much ONLY sign up on the event calender with only a small blurb like, "I'm there", "I may have to work but...", or "giving my money to Slimer so he can go"?

This software is different. There is no simple calender.

It's confusing because Wolverine started a second signup thread.

• Sorry guys. It's just that weeding through all the comments makes it tough. If everyone would keep comments to one thread and let me use the others for sign up that would be nice, but that only happens in a perfect world. Also it should have been in the Toy Drive forum but only certain people have access to that.

sorry if I'm confusing everyone, but since I'm confused myself, its pretty easy to confuse others. :laughing:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Just for future reference, info threads shouold go in Trail Rides and Gatherings, and Sign-up threads should be in Event Sign-Ups and tied to a calender entry, which is what Jerry did with the original thread.

I do understand the confusion.

• Good, it's not just me! :laughing:

Should moderaters begin moderating sign up thread to keep discussions out of it? That would keep it purely SIGN-UP.
    I miss the old calender. :doh:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Probably but let this one go for now. I've gotten used to watching them all and updating the ones that need it. After Sat. They'll all die anyway.

P.S. Are you coming to this John.

We'd love to see you out on the trails :innocent:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

If yes, let me swap out to my new winch cable first...

:spinrhead:

• Probably but let this one go for now. I've gotten used to watching them all and updating the ones that need it. After Sat. They'll all die anyway.

Yeah I'm staying at the Comfort Inn on Friday night. Will probably head up there after dinner. I can't lead a group but I'd be happy to tail gun.

I GOT A WINCH AND AM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT! :roll:

If yes, let me swap out to my new winch cable first...
    :spinrhead:

:rasp: :laughing:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!