Feeler: (Private) off road park

• Any body ever think about building their own offroad park in Delaware? I have a buddy that might be willing to have 100 acres of his farm be used in that matter... if there were hills, trails, mud, man made obstacles and such, would it be something that could generate enough interest or has this been done already? Its no Rausch or Paragon but it would certainly be a lot closer to home.

I think if i could tell him I could put 10-20 jeeps a weekend on it and charge a membership type rate, he would go for it...

Let me know what you think.....

• sounds like a good idea to me, i know eastern shore jeep has their own land to go mudding and stuff down in delmar but im not sure about costs and what not....check them out and see

• what is the story with ESJA's land? where is it, what is it like and what kind of dough does it take? anyone ever wheel there?

questions, questions, questions....

sean

• several things to consider.

1) Is he willing to open it up to anyone with a 4WD? Then he will need to up the insurance rate on his land. And charge a rate to cover his cost.

2) If he is willing to lease the land to DeJA then We would need to come up with the lease price and the insurance.
    Like ESJA We would need to have a separate Land use fee.

3) Perhaps a combo lease wheeling and hunting. I'm sure I can find a few hunters to go in to cover part of a lease. Most of them also drive 44WDs.

ESJA has had several problems that we can learn from before going into this.

1) keep local residents happy.
    a. Keep mud off the access road.
    b. Keep noise to an acceptable level.
    c. Have set hours. Late hight wheeling can anger them.
    A group should meet with the locals before and on an ongoing regular basis to keep issues to a minimum.
    A complaint phone number gives locals someone to call. If you don't they call 911

2) Keep natural resources Happy
    A. Do not wheel in the Tax Ditches
    B. Keep the environmental impact to a minimal.
    C. Follow all laws and suggestions made by the enforcement people.

• sounds like a hell of a plan to me...would this be DEJA only land then??? :spinrhead:

it would depend on the amount of interest generated....but i would like to think so...but if we couldn't get enough inrtersted, maybe we could do a memebership thats open to all, but give first right access to DEJA.

• i would like to know your source on these "problems" we have had. but ayway our land is around the demar area.the costs are 20 to join the club and 100 for the land.you must bea club member to join the land.and the mantance is done by the members once a month at a land maintance day.if you have any more questions check out our site and ask away.also there are tons of pics in the members gallery.i know mine has a bunch.

• i would like to know your source on these "problems" we have had. but ayway our land is around the demar area.the costs are 20 to join the club and 100 for the land.you must bea club member to join the land.and the mantance is done by the members once a month at a land maintance day.if you have any more questions check out our site and ask away.also there are tons of pics in the members gallery.i know mine has a bunch.

The statement in no way was a put down on ESJA.
    There are always a few problems when you first start somthing this large.

Sent you a PM

• it can cut cost if he has not liability, cause i know you can off road on your own property, if you want and they cant say anything about it. i some people that have big rock pits in there back yard, maybe if you have to sign a waver saying if your stupid its your fault kinda thing it will keep the price down.

• ESJA costs 100dollars a yr to wheel on the land but 20 bucks to be a member i think its like 60 acres its like 10 minutes from me on snake rd. in delmar

• I would be up for this. I think it would make a nice addition to the club too. I think like ESJA it needs to be kept under control. It would be nice to have some place to take stockers and new members to help them get used to wheelin.

• I'm interested. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Any body ever think about building their own offroad park in Delaware? I have a buddy that might be willing to have 100 acres of his farm be used in that matter... if there were hills, trails, mud, man made obstacles and such, would it be something that could generate enough interest or has this been done already? Its no Rausch or Paragon but it would certainly be a lot closer to home.

I think if i could tell him I could put 10-20 jeeps a weekend on it and charge a membership type rate, he would go for it...

Let me know what you think.....

where is the land ?
    pretty open ?
    or would a clean up day be needed to cut trails
    pics maybe
    im sure ther would be more than enough interest for this to get up and running

• I have a connection to heavy-duty machines if we needed to move some ground. Might have a connection to raw materials like dirt / rock.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!