TJ Question

• If I am not mistaken...TJs can fit 31x10.5 stock...is there a true 2" (or a little greater) BB that will allow 33x12.5? Just doing some thinking :suspicious:

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Yes, you can fit 31's under a stock TJ.

I'm not sure about your BB because recently I've been reading about how " BB aren't true 2 inches, or some arent".....

I'd say you have to expect at least 3 inches to comfortably fit 33's. I had a BB and a BL on mine and it was defintley doing some stuffing of the tires. So I say plan 3 inches.

Thats just from what I have learned.

• I agree with Joo on this. 3.5" would be even better. ;D

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• you can fit 33s stock...they might just rub and you wont get any flex. Rubicon Express has a 2" BB for like 230 around there that comes with 2" spacers rear bump stop extensions and longer travel shocks. Thats what I have on..but I still have the 31" MTRs on my jeep..although I could fit 33s just fine. I have a buddy with the same BB and a 1in MML and Body lift and he has 33s and they fit with plenty of room and travel for flex. I know Sky jacker, Super Lift, Teraflex, and Nth Degree all have 2" spacer lifts. and sky jacker has a pretty sweet 2" to 3" adjustable lift.

hell ive even seen 35s on a stock TJ lol :rollsmile: just had to do some cutting and fender mods to get them to work right without rub

• ...hell ive even seen 35s on a stock TJ lol :rollsmile: just had to do some cutting and fender mods to get them to work right without rub

Haha! There's one out here like that. I feel sorry for it.

If you go with skyjacker don't bother with their shocks. :doh:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!