Superchargers for 4.0

• Anyone have any experience with superchargers? Looks like the top 2 for the 4.0 are the kennebell and the avenger. I haven't ever messed with them in the past but thinking of it for my jeep. Just really paraiod about spending that kinda money for something that I can't get to work right or causes major motor issues. which one is better? Pro's and Con's? Here are the links. I haven't really found any solid reviews that didn't appear to be biast.

http://www.kennebell.net/super…wrangler40/wrangler40.htm

http://www.avengersuperchargers.com/

• I know I posted something close to this before and got some great feedback but was still wondering if there's anyone in the group who actually has supercharged thier 4.0?

• I don't think anyone in the club has. You might have to Google it.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks for the responses. I've pretty much decided not to go with an engine swap for now. I only have 20k on my 4.0 and I'm thinking that although I may be able to get a small block v8 for relatively the same price..........there will be much more expense in other parts that I'll have to upgrade to support the V8.

I'm just trying to find out form some folks with hands-on experience what type of challenges were encountered when super-charging a 4.0. Most of the online articles I've found seem to be rather slanted to a particular brand. For example, Kennebell spends alot of time talking about thier module for the CPU calibration. Avenger doesn't even mention it.

All in all, I'm tyring to figure out everything that I'll need to get this thing working to it's fullest potential so I can get a true $$$$ estimate. THis is my daily driver so I can't afford to have it down for long periods of time while I'm playing with calibrations and sensors and things.......................

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!