monster Jeepster project

• Here is the jeepster so far.D60 front, 14 bolt rear 4:56 gears and detroits. 6" YJ lift springs with shackle reversal in the front, 52" chevy 6" lift springs in the rear. Wheel base was streched 5 inches. was 104 now it will be 109". Need to hook up break lines, bolt in the rear and put the cj front clip on the off to paint Ive been hindered by a broken hand and its my right hand so im working left handed and its slow.
    This is a pic of the back jacked up to see what the hieght will be when the rear is in. A little sheet metal trimming will be needed

Anyone got any paint ideas???

• as always, O.D.GREEN is my choice :) you have to get the real MilSpec stuff though so that it can handle abuse better and not require any more maintenance than the occasional pressure wash. http://www.m715zone.com has some good links to places you can order that paint from. is the top coming off or staying on? if you lose the top it looks like you could possibly bob the tail for even more departure room. looks great!
    chris

• Lookin Real Good. :up:

I'd go with something bright like Orange and make it POP.

Just my $.02

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• i would tube the rear off just run a bikini on it, and then herc the inside, it is gonna be a sick build man keep pics coming, i would love to see more builds like this on here, i hope to build something like this in the future after college.
    have you decided the engine trans and tc that you are going with or are you leaving them stock?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Anyone got any paint ideas???

Butane Blue (similar to the Deviant Blue found on '98 Dodge Rams)

Burnt Orange Metallic (looks like copper)

Hugger Orange

Mid to late 60s vettes had a dark green that was SO dark that it almost looked black. That would be cool with some lime green high lights (piping) in a black interior.

I'll have to wait until I get home to see the pics.

Sorry to hear about your hand.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• o yeah and as far a paint goes i would go with electric blue with platinum accents(bumpers cage, rockers and some thin flame outlines!!! as it would look sick!

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• and put the cj front clip on the off to paint

There's a 1 piece fiberglass front end for sale in Mid Jersey for $100 or so. I think I saw the ad on the CJoffroad for sale forum.

Whatever color you paint the Jeep, keep the top white.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• pearl overlays? you guys do realize that scott most likely isn't building this for show 'n shines, right?
    chris (o.d.green, o.d.green ;))

what? i thought you told me this was car show only jeep

:laughing: :laughing:

• its getting a full cage and just a bikini top. Thinking about orange again. that is my favorite color

There ARE some pretty cool oranges out there. The Philly Auto show had an "orangish" Chevy Avalanche that looked pretty good. It wasn't too "burnt" or too "sherberty".

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• cant do the OD colors. But it wont be a show jeep either. Just one color and shiney :)
    The paint on it is actually good. was painted befors the tree fell on it. Just want something a little brighter.

• Here's Sundburst Orange Metallic. I liked it at the show.

I don't think this pic does it any justice though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!