what no trail report from sunday???

• just kidding, did you guys and girls have a good time?

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• BlueJ's additions in bold

I had a great time. To do a quick summary (I don't know the trail names) we had 11 Jeeps. In the morning we split into two groups at Rubicon lake. Modifies lead by Ed (2000Sahara) and the Stockers lead by Andrew (BlueJ). The stockers did a few easy trails to introduce Matt to off-roading: Bunny Loop, Foundation, then graduating to one leg of Chicken Run and then Blueberry. Ed took the rest of the folks to Whompum (backwards). We then met up for lunch at the Spring and then headed out as one group doing modifies, parking the one stock Jeep. We did the second half of headless horseman at this point which was very interesting same rocks as always, but much muckier muddy spot - amazingly, no winching needed. After that Ed ripped a valve stem and had to change a tire. We then backed up and took another route to Sleey Hollow. At the end of that trail, we ran into Tom O'Neil (aven2rus), who just helped pick up the 2nd jeep to roll going down Rabbit Run that day. We ran into a group of ATVs that said the trail ahead was impassable for them and they thought we would not make it. Fearlessly Andrew did not listen !!! and plowed on while the rest of us followed. The last part of the trail back to the parking lot consisted of two hill challenges that were a lot of fun, one short twisty one and one long one with large smooth rocks. We heard there had been two rolloevers earlier in the day on the short one but everyone made it up under there own power (or maybe with some people pushing :) ). Climbing the last hill I developed a hole in my power steering line and lost all my fluid. Ended up getting winched up by Andrew who had been itching you use his winch all day!!! Both Andrew and Donnie (DCC) got use their winches. While the repair crew worked on the power steering, BlueJ, BDLSTOY, Claymont-Hilbilly, and UrbanCrakwer22 did a speed ride across to Turtle and then down, to pick up the stock TJ we left at the Spring. I big thanks goes to Tom, Ken, Donnie and Ed for helping me fix my power steering!!! :up:

Please post any carnage I missed.

In attendance was Andrew (BlueJ), Sal (Solomi) and passenger, Brian (BDLSToy) and passenger Mike, Kevin (UrbanCrawler) and passenger Mel (sorry can't remember ur screennameMel93YJ), Ken (sorry can't remember ur screenname Ken ) and his son, Tom (I.N.M. Tom) and his son and passengers, James (James), Donnie (DCC), Matt (Matt727?), Ed (2000Sahara), and Matt (Claymont-hillbilly).

The weather was absolutely beautiful - a great day for jeeping. No breakage other than James' power steering (btw I had a bottle of power steering fluid in BlueJ), and plenty of challenging trails. Next ride October 9, sign up now!!!.

I will post some pix later.

• Sounds like a great time...sorry I missed it. Unfortunately at midnight saturday when we had just finished up lifting a buddy's XJ (you might see it around...camo '88 running a rusty's 6.5" w/ 33" swampers) and hadn't even begun finishing Paul's truck or taking care of the couple things my MJ needed we decided that it'd be better to bail and finish our projects Sunday. I'm signed up for the 9th and the MJ will have its new shoes and hopefully completed rockrails to "test"!

--Ian

• Quote from "BlueJ"

(btw I had a bottle of power steering fluid in BlueJ)

We could have used it!!! Ended up using ATF instead!!!! :grin:

Thx for making the corrections and additions.

Here is a link to the pictures. My battery was dieing so I did not take many action shots. I know other ppl were taking pictures (so post them up guys!!!).

http://www.ece.udel.edu/~orr/images/cj7/paragon-9-26-04/

Also I have hi-res (2592x1944) copies of these images so just pm with the filename of the image you want.

• Do the pics have to be a certain size to put them in the gallery? Mine are 2304X1728X24b and they will not upload into the gallery. What size should they be in order to post correctly. I'm new to a digital camera so I'm learning as I go.
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I had a great time too. I cant take all the credit for leading the group though. The maps of paragon suck and i think everyone helped out on guiding the us through the trails, especially Ken. One thing james forgot was that after whompum we went down turtle rocks which was a nice uneventfull ride. Other than that i think james pretty much summed it up. I busted a valve stem and i think my control arm bracket is bent some but nothing a bfh cant fix. Im sorry everyone couldnt fill up with my oba,after about 5 people used it, i wasnt paying attention and the filter filled with oil causing it to blow tons of oil through the hose...Oops.
    P.S. Im gonna leave the tail leading to Chris, although if i had to i would do it again. :spinrhead:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Quote from "BDLSTOY"

Do the pics have to be a certain size to put them in the gallery? Mine are 2304X1728X24b and they will not upload into the gallery. What size should they be in order to post correctly. I'm new to a digital camera so I'm learning as I go.
    Brian

Yes the maximum file size you can upload at one time is 2 megs. Those images are over that. You need to resize them down to say 800x600 or 1024x768 then you can upload four at a time.

• I was able to upload a few photos to the gallery but I don't know how to link to them or to place them in my own gallery so maybe James can chime in or else just move them.
    Thanks

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• How to post pix: go to your gallery and find the image you want. Then right click on the image and select properties. Then highlight the URL and right click select copy. Then go to your post and click the IMG button. Then right click on the post area and click paste. Then click the IMG* button. Rather, rinse, repeat.

It should look like this in hyour post editor.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!