Anyone here go to Point to Point?

• I know it sounds a little snobby but it really is a good day long drinkfest. Plus there's alot of great cars there. Last year there was a line of about 12 Hummers and a few real old Jeeps out there. It's on the same day as the Spring Fling so I'm guessing not that many folks from DeJa will be there but thought I'd check.

• I went last year. I enjoyed the race and sitting on the hill. I didn't enjoy the drink fest though and HATED getting out of there with all the drunks. I had a particular bad experience with one guy. I won't be going back. I think it may have been an Eagles player; total ass hat. I sent a letter of disapproval to Winterthur about it (takes a lot to get me to that point) and never got a reply.

I'll be at a horse show that day anyway.

Willowdale is MUCH nicer. I want to go back to that this year. I think it's a week or so after point to point.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• Yeah, they definitely have all kinds there. WE've been going for 7 or years now and have a few spots reserved right off the track. It's fun for us because we there's agroup of about 30-40 of us that make our own environment. You definitely are going to spend an hour plus getting out. Thinking about cleaning the Jeep up and taking it for the first time this year..................................maybe I can make my own way out. ;D

• it can be both a fun and non fun time.. I think like jason said.. if your going with a group of people it can be more fun..
    I am hoping to go this year on pres passes.. I know one of the carriage guys who owns a lot of land back behind it.. he has his own path out the back side.. but i think you would look a little conspicuous going over the walls back near adams dam... and usually there are cops there waiting to get the drunk carriage guys...
    ill keep an eye out for your jeep if i go

• The one of the guys we team up with is supposed to be buying a new TAHOE this weekend. AS long as that goes through we'll have the cargo space so I should be able to leave the durango home and bring the jeep. Maybe I'll se ya there :wavey:

• it all depends on how the prego g/f is feeling

[size=50pt]WHAT?[/size]

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• a couple of years ago I got to see the OCC lincoln themed chopper they did way before it was on American Chopper. It was pretty cool. i do agree with slimer on getting out of there though, to many douche bags, too small an exit....

fun event for the kids if you get the f out early though..

it was alot more fun 10 years ago when I was solely in it for the drinking and the drinking!

Sean

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!