xj lift

• i am getting ready to order and install a RE 3.5 in super flex lift, with revolver shackles in the rear. i am trying to determin what shocks to order for the rear. I was also wondering if a sye will be needed right away or can i get away with the stock shaft for a while. thanks for any help.

• you can should be fine with a transfer case drop with 3.5" of lift. One question why revolver shackles? I don't have any personal experience but have heard stories about them unloading and being unpredictable. As for shocks thats personal preference too. I like OME long travels.

• i wanted to try the shackles to see how they work in theory it makes sense. the reason i was asking about the shocks is for length because of the extended flex with the shackles. and for all i know i may just be waisting money but then ill know. thanks for the info.

• I think that with the revolver shackles you will need a SYE. I also looked at them but decided thy were not worth the trouble. I have seen them hang up off road which causes a lot of problems and thy never both hang up just one.

• you should be able to stuff a 31 pretty good with the 3.5 by itself. the 3.5" rear leafs are still pretty flat so they flex well. if you dedide to go bigger in the future you could add the 1" bookerang shackle and a coil spacer

• I think that with the revolver shackles you will need a SYE. I also looked at them but decided thy were not worth the trouble. I have seen them hang up off road which causes a lot of problems and thy never both hang up just one.

What do you think about the boomerang shackles? I was just about to place an order for a set so I have them when my new 6" springs come in.

• i looked into them when i had my yj. i heard very bad things. unpredictable. they get hung. weak. stuff like that

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• i looked into them when i had my yj. i heard very bad things. unpredictable. they get hung. weak. stuff like that

Huh....I think it is a case of you get what you pay for. My RE XD kit came with them in the rear. They are VERY HD and greaseable and have had 3+ wheels of wheeling with no issue. I have heard very good things about the MORE ones as well. Go for it man, just don't order some J.C. Whitney stamped steel garbage.

iv'e heard this of revolvers but never boomerangs.

boomerang shackles should be great with 6" springs because they let the leaf flatten out more then a regular shackle would while flexing. I have the RE boomerangs on the back of my xj. They are kind of old so i'll probably order a new set when i get the 5.5" springs an clayton longarms in a few months

what i have[url=http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=351&Pn=1931&XnPath=320,322,351&Vid=5427E72404098]http://www.rubiconexpress.com/…322,351&Vid=5427E72404098[/url]

• your totally right
    thats what i was thinking about. my bad. proceed with the flogging...

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• whew, I panicked there for a sec. glad to hear they are good, I'll probably be placing an order for them soon, should have them the same time as my new springs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!