I need a connector...

• I am putting LED blinkers built into the mirrors (because the ones I have now aren't sufficient with the flat fenders). I looked but cant find a connector that will connect the lights when the door is closed. It's the same style that's on the rear door of the TJ to connect the 3rd light. Any idea where I can get something like this?

• but I think that is going to be too big... if you look at that edge of the door, it is a very thin area that a connector can be applied...

• YOu are rigging that up the hard way, besides what happens when you take the doors off? You are right back where you started. Get 4 yellow 2" round LEDs. Put two on the sides of you hood near the front and two in your grill on each side. I saw some flat fendered Jeeps with this set up at the PA Jeep show and it looked real clean and finished.

Here are the lights I am talking about.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors…ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You are rigging that up the hard way, besides what happens when you take the doors off?

That's the point in the connectors - they will be between the door and the body so when the door closes it will finish the connection. That way I can just take the doors off and not have to disconnect any wires...

As for relocators, I don't like them. I think they're ugly. This is MY opinion. Please don't debate this. As for being difficult to wire up, it's not at all. I'm just punching into the front blinkers and running a wire through the door. Probably and hour project. Plus I like the idea of having the blinkers on the mirrors.

check with somewhere that installs car alarm systems. i have used them in alarm installs

Do they actually complete the connection or are you thinking of one that is a switch that will make the alarm go off? I want two prongs that actually conduct electricity through them when the doors a closed...

• try napa and start with a jeep back door connector, if you get a good guy he should pull out the big book and lyou can look through that.

I understand what you want to do, when I said you are back where you started I was referring to you no longer having the improved blinkage.

Ok I got you - For the 3 times a year I take the doors off, I'll live with that. But I see where you're coming from.

I checked NAPA and I didn't get a "good guy", the guy was actually annoying. I'll try a different one.

Thanks for everyones help

• The NAPA in Hockessin is usually very helpful to me and BSC Brake Service on Rt. 4 next to Piece of Ireland has really good guys in there that are usually very willing to help out.

• check minivans, I am pretty sure many of them use them on the sliding door...probably full size vans as well, but cant swear to that. I know ford windstars used a 4 pin one on there sliding glass doors.

HTH

pat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!