PCV valve 93 YJ 4.0..where to find

• can anyone help me in my search of a PCV valve for the YJ. it isnt even listed in pep boys, advance, or auto zone's computer. the part numbers on the one the jeep has are gone. it is not like one i am used to seeing. does not slip into the grommet. it is more of a insert and twist setup i know this seems like one part everyone should have...but i cant find one.

i may just get a grommet and switch it over to one from a different 4.0...dont want to replace the valve cover though

• It's not listed because there isn't one.

If I'm not mistaken, crank case ventilation is controlled by a built in restriction via a small orifice in the rear plastic elbow (CCV). The front one will be a plastic elbow with a large bore throughout. That goes to the air cleaner for filtered air supply. The rear plastic elbow is just as large but has a small orifice and hooks up to a thin vacuum line that goes to manifold vacuum. The orifice restriction lowers the amount of vacuum like the ball in the PCV valve does.

The dealer will have them and they will probably be $5 a piece or something.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• so you are saying its just an elbow with the small hole in it. (what it looks like...figured the insides were shot).. it does have 2 lines (one large one small) going to the intake manifold area. guess i may not need one then. ill have to research this more so i understand the system. seems like the 93 was a test dummy for jeep LOL......cant wait to get things wrapped up so i can get on the trails again.

i miss the TJ...but i wont think twice about rolling the YJ :)

• I was going to replace my valve cover gasket and was thinking do cover at the same time...no reason. Is there a reason you didnt want to replace the valve cover? Im leaking oil pout the back of the cover back by the fire wall. (?)

• Unless the cover is cracked there is no reason to replace it (unless it's a plastic one). Leaking out the back is a common problem with Jeep I6's. You have to periodically tighten the bolts down, especially THAT one.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I was going to replace my valve cover gasket and was thinking do cover at the same time...no reason. Is there a reason you didnt want to replace the valve cover? Im leaking oil pout the back of the cover back by the fire wall. (?)

i call the leaking valve cover corrosion prevention LOL just lazy thats all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!