Jeeps Drag Racing

• UTI recently (Yesterday, Sunday) had a student vs. staff drag race @ Maple Grove Raceway. Mostly as an import vs. muscle car thing although there were some odd entries. A 12 sec. Geo Metro (had a Mazda rotary engine turbo'ed) Diesel truck from 15 to 17 sec. and then there was a Black YJ and a Green ZJ. people in my class were egging me on to enter just to see a 4 wheel burnout pre-stage. I never thought Jeeps belonged on the drag strip. The YJ ended the day finishing 16 flat, dunno about the ZJ. Come spring, maybe I will enter.

• you've got 4:10 gears.... just borrow some smaller stock tires (225/75/15) and you should launch off the line :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I think over on JU (or NAXJA?) there is an entire section dedicated to people hoping up their rides for speed. I don't quite get why anyone would want to do that but, eh, to each his own. I equate it to seeing how far and fast you can throw a brick, it just doesn't make sense.........

• There is a guy with a golden eagle CJ with a big stoker in it at cecil county all the time he use to run high 12's on 36" swampers. Now he has 33" slicks and runs low 12's.

Oh and 4wd launches are cool. My truck will spin the front tire off the line if i launch in 4hi on street tires.

• About a week ago I talked with a customer out of Alabama who said he's got a Hesco stroker 6 cylinder with a supercharger and other crap I really don't remember because I thought he was full of crap. He gave me a You Tube link with a Jeep CJ (He's says on 40's can't tell from the range, but rather high) and it was eating Hondas and Nissans @ the track. Whether it's his or not, I don't know, but thought it was cool. A 12 sec Metro and Neon kinda nice, but one of our instructors in his late 60's Camaro came out sideways all the way to the 60 ft mark and ran 11.44 for first run then nothing but 10.3's each other run. Very consistent car.

• when i lived in jax there was a first gen 2wd 5spd 4.0L xj that ran low 14s high 13s with a shot of nitrous....made moostang gts cry getting beat by the a piece of crap box

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!