heater fan ??

• Today I installed a heater core in my dads 2000 XJ. ( It was a BIG pain in the a$$ :cuss: :bang: :bang:)
    Now for some reason the fan only works on high. :doh: 1,2,3, do nothing only 4 ??? Could someone that knows what the deal is help out. Thanks

• Yeah on TJ's is pretty common that when the fan only works on high
    it's the resistor .
    Mine has been replaced once already .

First I have heard or read about a XJ tho so not sure if
    its common or not .
    NAXJ search should tell you tho , I'm not on that board .

• Thats cool Ill give it a shot. I hate when I fix one thing and then something else goes wrong. I did unplug what your talkin about and test it. Only one of the prongs lite up my tester no matter if it was 1,2,3,4.
    If it dont work I hope Auto Zone has a good return policy ;D

• A little more info ...

The resistor has multiple resistor wires, each of which reduce the current flow to the blower motor, to change the blower motor speed. The blower motor switch directs battery current to the correct resistor wire to obtain the selected speed. When the highest blower motor speed is selected, the blower motor relay connects the blower motor directly to battery current, bypassing the blower motor resistor.

The blower motor resistor cannot be repaired and, if faulty or damaged, it must be replaced.

HTH

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!