Warn Powerplant

• I don't want a C02 setup, I love the performance of the york and similar setups I've used. Like Keith_C and JeepSahara's. They are pretty quick.

• I scored my kit from ebay albeit with the wrong bracket for $400
    Sold the braket back on ebay for $35 And bought the correct one from Kilby
    I had the hose and most of the fittings .
    What I didn't have I got from my Dad .
    All said I have just over $700 .

Just keep looking and you can find the pieces for cheap .
    Just might take longer

• yeah at 20CFM its not going to take more than a few minuets to fill up tires. so the 30 minute makes no difference.

• yeah at 20CFM its not going to take more than a few minuets to fill up tires. so the 30 minute makes no difference.

That 20 cfm is at 0 psi, which would only count for filling balloons.

The 30 mins could come into play when there are 4-5 Jeeps to do.

• Ok, I think I've decided that I might get the Powerplant. Seems like a pretty good setup for the money and 4WD has them on sale with free accessories, plus I have 2 $50 gift cards from the JFJ raffle. So, I'll need a winch plate and upgrade the battery as well. What do you guys think for the battery upgrade? Optima?

• Deka 's are good
    Odessey 's are as well .
    I have a Red top optima . No issues to report .
    I have heard Optima's are junk now since being bought out by Johnson Controls .
    Dont over look Exide's Orbital .

Also if/ when you get the Warn check to make sure it will fit your bumper .

Keep us posted on it

• Dual Blue Tops, never had any starting or winching issues.

the main battery keeps the jeep running while you winch off of the second battery. :up: :up:

• I'm gonna stick with one battery for the time being. I don't know if I'll have room for 2 under the hood with my new fenders. I just bought the TNT tube fenders and they relocate the battery tray differently in the fender. I was looking under the jeep earlier though and seen a nice spot to mount the external tank for the air and there might be room for a battery under there too. :shrug:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!