Warn Powerplant

• Anyone have one? or know anything about them? Ive got a buddy who is thinking about picking one up and just thought id see if anyone has any feedback on the topic

• I have heard nothing but bad things with them being so large and taking up the entire front of the grill...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Anyone have one? or know anything about them? Ive got a buddy who is thinking about picking one up and just thought id see if anyone has any feedback on the topic

On a TJ or XJ ?
    I havent seen one installed on an XJ yet .
    Everything I have read says that overheating is not a problem
    A few guys in AZ have them with no issues fwiw

some specs on the two versions ...

installed on a tj in WA state ...

this tj lives in texas ...

this one lives in AZ and has no overheating issues to report .

Seems to be the only real concern is that some bumpers wont accept it due to its size.
    AFAIK , Warn had it on their rig for about 2 years b/4 it was released
    Best bet would be to check other forums as no one here has dropped the coin on it
    hth

• i look at it this way. my winch sits up an extra 1-1.5" due to the winch mount - and that winch is probably a couple of inches taller than mine. get yourself a bumper with an integrated winch mount that doesn't raise it up at all and you'll be about the same as the rest of the people with winches. rokmen has a bumper that comes to mind - fits very tightly around the frame instead of in front of it so you don't lose any of your approach angle.

• Have sold a few here @ Q-tec and talk to those who have them. You'd think overheating would be an issue but no one has had this as of yet. I have been told that they aren't suited for airing up tires and for power tool in short bursts. So if you get it get a big bottle to pressurize. It can put out the pressure but the flow is poor (CFM).

• http://www.warn.com/powerplant_hp.shtml

Aslong as their numbers hold true . The PowerPlants puts out enough to get the job done .

WARN AIR SPECS <---clicky

Large displacement, Heavy Duty Compressors

Unlimited air source. That's the York 210 series compressor. Large 10 cu. in. displacement fills tires fast. Real fast! Rated at 4 CFM at 90 psi while running at 1200 rpm. Capable of 8+ CFM! Running air tools isn't a problem anymore with this on board air compressor! Kilby Enterprises carries only the large 10.3 cu. in. displacement York compressors. Double V-groove and Serpentine clutches work correctly with our mounting
    brackets and are sold separately.

YORK <---clicky

Granted when used with a throttle lock the kilby will be slighty more .

Figure all you need to make a York work .
    Bracket , air tank , hose , clutch , belt , and so on and the price jumps .
    I have my OBA pieced together for just over 700 bucks .
    My winch for almost 650 bucks .

Get the Power Plant add a air tank with a few fittings for less than $100,
    and you have still spent less than the cost of a new complete OBA from Kilby . (depending on which jeep you have )

Lets not forget about 12v air source .
    Still leaves you without a winch , and you get an air supply that can barely keep up for a good price .

Price of the Dual Force....HERE

• Just saying what people ahve told me, maybe something's wrong with their rigs. I don't have one because of the $$$$

• no idea how well the compressor works, but... for pricing: http://www.tweetys.com/index.a…earch2.x=0&btnSearch2.y=0

maybe I'll put one on my new bumper... (heh, like I can afford that)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• http://www.quadratec.com/products/92043_1000_07.htm

Oh yeah , just what I wanted, a time frame .
    30 min run time ,then wait prob 15 - 20 min for it to cool down just to have a 30 min window.
    Hope all you tasks are minor
    Then there is the price , @ over $700 bucks .
    EDIT*** guess you could hook up a tank to it to get a better recovery rate
    Still leaves you without a winch if you dont have one .

Like I said I pieced my york kit together for that price.
    Hands down well worth the money

The daul force is the best of both worlds for a decent price IMO .
    Like has been said b/4 , the majority of ppl with winches on here dont use them too often anyway .
    So If you are going to drop some $$ might aswell kill two birds with one stone

• oh and btw it would be for a tj......the way xjs are with overheating already i wouldnt trust that much blocking the airflow

• XJs shouldn't have overheating problems with that winch... larger griller, bigger radiator and two fans, vs the small grille and single fan in the TJs. I've got my surf tag ziptied to my grill and even with that blocking airflow, I've got no problems.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Anybody seen any reviews on the powerplant performance? Like how long it takes to air a tire up and what not. I searched around and couldn't find a good review.

• Anybody seen any reviews on the powerplant performance? Like how long it takes to air a tire up and what not. I searched around and couldn't find a good review.

From the adv. in Quad...

That translates to airing up four 35" tires from 8 psi to 35 psi in 8 minutes

• 2 minutes a piece? That's not bad. I don't want a winch really. I'd love to piece together a York OBA setup, but don't know where to start, lol. :shrug:

• if you aren't looking for a winch and only need the OBA, then maybe contact Subvet. fran has a powertank that he's had for sale for a month or two - that would fill your request quite nicely and be nowhere near the cost of an OBA setup.

• 2 minutes a piece? That's not bad. I don't want a winch really. I'd love to piece together a York OBA setup, but don't know where to start, lol. :shrug:

Start with buying the bracket kit from Kilby, then start adding pieces.

I got my York from Fitzgeralds for $40. Bought the tank from Kilby and picked the rest up here and there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!