Getting New Tires

• the only thing wrong with the maxxis is they wear fast and are only siped an 1/8 down. if you ask me they are cheaply made and not worth it, kevin has them and they work off-road but they wear just as fast as MTR's i would def stick with the AT for a road driven jeep unless you dont mind the noise, then i would get the Swampers. I ran the Trxus MT's and had no problems with them but i did crack a side wall and it was cold and the tires were at 6 psi and i was hard on them, but they ran great on the road and lasted a good year before i got rid of them

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• man this is a hard decison right now it is between super swamper trxus mt and bfg all terrian, i just want to thank everyone for giving me suggestions and helping me out :wavey:

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35&quot; km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• get some mtr's and rotate them you will be happy.... i drive so much on them its not even funny... im heading home another 11 hours mondy this week

• man this is a hard decison right now it is between super swamper trxus mt and bfg all terrian, i just want to thank everyone for giving me suggestions and helping me out :wavey:

Don't forget price for the amount you will pay to get out of the mud 8-10 times a year that you go four wheeling or just look cool on your rig compared to the 300+ days that you drive on the road. The wear patterns of most mud tires is not good on the road, and they will not last as long. (hence the need to rotate frequently)

I'm sure you could do better and worse, but while I was looking for the price the BFG A/T were the best tire for my use.(90% on road 10% off road)

• One last thing to consider is balancability (if that's even a word) I've know 3 guys running the truxxus and NONE of them have been able to keep them balanced for smooth on road driving. I run BFG Muds now and have run BFG A/T's in the past and they balance and ride very nice on and off road.

You won't be sorry if you buy a good BFG. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

I really don't think you have a decision at all. The SS's are a terrible daily driver. Go with the AT's and you will be quite satisfied.

• I really don't think you have a decision at all. The SS's are a terrible daily driver. Go with the AT's and you will be quite satisfied.

yeah the super swampers will def wear faster! but like i said i love mine, never had any problems in the rain, snow, mud, rocks, etc etc!

• I have the interco M/Ts and could not be happier. I had BFG A/Ts and they were okay but to be honest with you they were louder then the M/Ts I have now. So far they have worn well. And I have also heard they are hard to balance but mine took one try and they run smoother then my BFG A/Ts. I would go with the interco M/Ts but thats just my opinion.

• yeah maybe you should go with the trxus interco's :tup: i dont think your gonna like the a/ts. dont you run mud terrains now anyway? and i thought u didnt like your tires?

• yeah man i am gonna run the ss trxus on mine they are nice cause less of an aggressive pattern then tsl's and they are still good in the mud and all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!