YJ 2 weeks...

• I'm running out of little things to make it look better. It will have to prove itself mechanically thru the Winter, and a couple of Paragon/RC trips before I do anything else. First would be a 1" body lift, then maybe new springs for another 2". I've put all three photos here to see progression. Still not bad for $1600.

So far:
    New rear brake lines/1 wheel cylinder (thanks quadna!)
    New top
    New top frame
    New carpet
    Wheels and BFGs from Tony (second set...not sure which wheels I like yet)
    Tow hooks
    Lots of scrubbing
    Lots of sanding and painting

PHOTO 1: as I bought it

PHOTO 2: after 1 week

PHOTO 3: today, 2 weeks in (tow hooks showed up as I was taking photo)

...not sure which wheels will stay on. One set will be for sale with the like new Firestone street tires. Anyone interested?

DrJ

• I like picture 2's wheels with picture 3's tires best. Which wheels could you get more money for?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Looking at the three photos, I like the steel WHEELS in PHOTO 2, and the TIRES from PHOTO 3. If someone wants the TIRES in PHOTO 2, and the alloy WHEELS in PHOTO 3, they can have them for the price of having them switched and balanced, about $50-60 at Walmart.

CLUB MEMBER ONLY.

DrJ

• Thanks! It's been fun. I'm pretty much tapped out on the YJ budget for a while. During the Winter, I'll swap out the grey pads for black, and add either new black seats ($99 each!), or black seat covers. I'll spray the inside panels and dash bezels/pad black. Got a hook up for an OEM AM/FM radio too.

DrJ

• Why go OEM? Why not go better?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Wow, Steve that looks great. I have to agree with the majority in that I like the wheels from pic 2 and the tires from pic 3 (All-terrains Rock :spinrhead: )

-Chris

• As far as orig wheels go, I like the fisrt pic....has that steel utility look -of course it depends if you want to attract attention or be subtle...

• the oem radio is here and ready to try install tomarrow if you are free
    pm me or call me tonight or tomarrow.......remember college student so not to early but any time i will answer if not in class.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Quote from "DEJeepman"

Steve: What size are the tires in photo two?

235/70R15 Firestone Firehawks. When they were remounted, the dealer sprayed the white letters black, but I expect it will scrub off, back to white letters. I'd say easily 95% tread left.

This would work out very easily for us both since you're so close...

DrJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!