XJ Oil Pressure Sending Unit

• My oil gauge is acting up. Once warmed up, gauge is pegged at highway RPM and then settles to 40 when at idle. Engine operates and sounds normal, leading me to think the sending unit/sensor is bad.

I would expect said sensor would fail and read no pressure and I've read similar in the archives. Any thoughts?

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• yup... mine would be around 40-50 at idle, and peg while driving. then it died completely. picked up a new sending unit and all is good! Mine died last year, so your 2000 sensor is definitely due for replacement.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Granted, I was looking in the dark, but please shorten my search, where is this pesky sensor on the 4.0L engine? I presume in the engine block. Right or left side?

On a side note I HATE me Haynes manual...

Thanks.

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!