TJ Build up

• Come on, dont' you want to build you own suspension?? maybe you can use those high flex RE Heims :innocent:

:laughabove:

i chose the new and improved higher flex skyjacker joints for mine :innocent:

• thanks for your ever so insightful help meeper what would i do without your posts.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• thanks for your ever so insightful help meeper what would i do without your posts.

lol, i just see no reason to make a big post about building a HP30 with limited slip for gosh sakes or an 8.8 for that matter.

feel me dawg :wavey:

i think a lot of us are thinking the same thing but just dont want to say anything, <-this is not be being a dick :innocent:

• i just see no reason to make a big post about building a HP30 with limited slip for gosh sakes or an 8.8 for that matter.

I think you guys are being a little rough on him.

Is he not allowed to talk about what he's doing to his Jeep on this forum?

There are a lot of people with a broad range of experience on this forum, and although it may not seem as unique to you, to others it may seem pretty cool. Granted, some of you may have found out that it's not cheaper for him to do the work himself, but I think there's something to the experience of it and learning how to do the work.

I, for one, am very interested in his posts.

Sal

P.S. he wasn't just posting about a LS, but also about cutting it up

• I realize that to you all it is not a big deal but to most the people on the site that have never even done an axle swap. this is something that they havent seen. Also i dont see anyone else posting up there builds on here. i would love to see people posting a front 60 and rear 14bt install with custom 4 link or even just a clayton kit but there just arent any of those posts anymore. i am sorry if i am not considered hardcore enough for you. since no one seems to care that i am trying to renew some interest in the site other than the ragging on people and asking how to do a budget boost, i will just discontinue this post if no one wants to read it.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Yo dude, i am just messing with you (busting balls) relax...

:innocent:

i love to look at build pictures, i just can't post any on here for some reason.....please take alot of yours....

• ok so far these are the parts i figure i am gonna need to get this thing to where i want it.
    dana 30Hp 4.88's lock right
    ford 8.8 4.88's detroit
    Bracket kit for the 8.8
    Beadlocks (looking at trail ready and Walker Evans)
    35" LTB's
    Clayton longarm upgrade
    SYE and new driveshaft
    New engine skid(bent the current one)
    PRP seats and harnesses
    Comp cut Corners and 3in flare from PSC
    1.25" BL and 1"MML
    Parts to build a turbo kit(just cause it would be cool to have)

If anyone can tell me if i am forgetting anything parts wise please let me know.
    I realize when i comp cut i have to add additional cage support, but i had plans of doing that anyway, as i want to run bars for the seats to sit on.

• for gosh sakes

Did you really say that? :innocent:

yup i dont want to put a full locker in the front cause i do still plan to drive the jeep to the beach, and out on it.

I may be wrong, but if you comp cut the corners you won't be street legal. I guess you could put on mud flaps or detachable rear corners (as I think Jump150 did with his flatty).

Those 4 angry squirrels will be screaming for mercy getting those tires rolling!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• chris, if you already have alloy rims it might be best to just send them out to Champion wheel.

• I realize that to you all it is not a big deal but to most the people on the site that have never even done an axle swap. this is something that they havent seen. Also i dont see anyone else posting up there builds on here. i would love to see people posting a front 60 and rear 14bt install with custom 4 link or even just a clayton kit but there just arent any of those posts anymore. i am sorry if i am not considered hardcore enough for you. since no one seems to care that i am trying to renew some interest in the site other than the ragging on people and asking how to do a budget boost, i will just discontinue this post if no one wants to read it.

You arent' getting the point... this is about the 50th time you have posted the oh me oh my what should I do for my "budget" build and yet have not moved an inch on what you were going to do....we all gave advice everytime and yet you are still, by the ideas you just gave here not paying a bit of attention to the advice we gave..... so yes this whole "build" has turned into a joke amongst alot of us.. you know me, I speak what is on my mind.. I came to this post actually thinking you did something but again it was just a do you think I should do a full on fabbed suspension with a bolt-in axle ::) you are thinking way over your head with this one... start slow buy some fab tools and build a bumper or something... then build your mom a flower cart, then maybe build something that your life and everyone elses life on the road is not entrusted too before you start to even consider a suspension fab.....Just a little advice from someone who has actually built suspensions... and yes if you buy the clayton kit, I will volunteer my time to weld it to your jeep...

• I hate to say this but i agree with Turtle, the most frustrating thing about this board is everyone asks for advice and never listens to people who have experience....

• i want to say first i am not trying to be a dick at all and i really do value what you guys say on these builds. i take all of what you guys say serious as i know you all have learned from trying what i am talking about. I have decided to go with the clayton kit as it will most def be easier and will save me time and money. I spent some time looking at the suspension parts to build a custom one and it just doesnt make sense unless you are stretching the hell out of the rig. I know i have kept saying that in the past i wanted to do this or that, but i actually have purchased axles and now have a second vehicle so i can tear in the the wrangler and not have to have it finished in a weekend. I can finally get on with this build as i have wanted to instead of saying am gonna do this and then letting it fall through.

I apoligize for acting like an asshat

• Turtle thank you for volunteering your time. And i will def keep you in mind.

• chris, if you already have alloy rims it might be best to just send them out to Champion wheel.

no i have steel rims cause at the time they where way cheap.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!