TJ Build up

• Well it is about time that i take my jeep to the next level.I am tired of not having a locker, and i am tired of not having axles that can handle 36's. here is what i have.
    98 Jeep wrangler
    30/35 combo with 4.88's
    2.5L 5spd.
    AtoZ fab Cage
    poison spyder flat fender.
    35"BFG at's

here are my plans.
    HP30 detriot truetrac 4.88's
    Ford 8.8 4.88's full detriot
    comp cut the rear and put Poison spyder comp corners wiht the 3in flare.
    stretch the rear 3in.
    flat belly skid.
    36" LTB's or IroKs
    i will post pics of the build as i get going, and i am sure things are gonna change
    here is how is sits now.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• you should just buy the ford oe tons I have for sale $2500 just needs brackets and steering. geared 4.88 detroit back arb front 35 spline outers with drive slugs

• you should just buy the ford oe tons I have for sale $2500 just needs brackets and steering. geared 4.88 detroit back arb front 35 spline outers with drive slugs

:up: :up: He's right...by the time you polish the turd that is a D30 enough to handle abuse on 36's and buy gears/lockers/brackets for the 8.8 you're over 1/2 way to the 1-tons. Do it right, do it once. I speak from experience having wasted $$$ on my old D30 and after a couple years of hard wheeling on 36's I'd broken and repaired it enough times to more than pay for the geared/locked/alloyed/35-splined/etc/etc D60's that are sitting under mine now.

As for a comp cut with only a 3" stretch...why? IMHO comp cutting looks stupid unless the axle is moved back 6" or so. And that doesn't even get into the hassle you'd get if you want to continue driving it on the street and the fact that if you want to compete in a stock class IIRC there's very little leeway on the amount you can change the wheelbase.

--Ian

• i would go that route but the HP30 is already geared and locked and i am getting it for 400. All i have to put in is the 8.8

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• $400.00 front axle
    $100.00 rear axle
    $600.00 rear detroit
    $400.00 gearing the rear axle
    $250.00 axle brackets
    $50.00 driveshaft adapter

$1800.00 to do marginal setup for 36's

for probably $1200.00 more you can do one ton's and never ever worry about anything again ::) plus 4.88's, a 4-banger and 36's is going to suck donkey **** on the road

• yeah i have the front and rear axles and i think i might have a rear bracket kit thanks to quadna finding a post on another site, (thanks bro) all i need is:
    Comp Corners
    Beadlocks
    tires
    seats
    harnesses
    longer arms
    new shock mounts
    and just a few other small things......................LOL right

::) plus 4.88's, a 4-banger and 36's is going to suck donkey **** on the road

yeah but that is why i have the grand cherokee to drive every day. And the 4.88's aint that bad on road with 35's so it wont be that bad.

• i will get stronger shafts down the road, cause i am trying to bring this all together on a very very minimal budget. so i am gonna try and get it back on the road. I will tweak evrything in over the next year or so. I just figured that this site needed some build up info so i figured why not start one on what i plan to do, and make sure that i document it. i am hoping to start on the work this coming week when i get the two axles. I will start by cleaning them up and giving them a really good coat of paint and get them cleaned up and see what i need to replace.

Edited once, last by omaha ().

• yup i dont want to put a full locker in the front cause i do still plan to drive the jeep to the beach, and out on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!