Info on installing lock right locker in 8.8

• i was wondering if anybody has put one in,with ring in i cant get pin in. does the ring gear have to come out? or is there a trick i dint know?i also have a pin they said i would need to make install easier.any info would be great

Thanks Wayne

• i think it depends on the ring gear size... i know when i put my 4.88s in i needed an offset center pin for the trac lock... and also when i had the aussie.. i couldnt get it all together with the 4.88s in.. i had to take the ring gear off and put it together and then install the ring gear back on (i spent hours trying to get my locker in)... but i ended up just putting a trac lock in it

95&#039; YJ stock springs. SOA ,8.8 w/disks and 35&#039;s<br />DD 2008 Grand Cherokee

• I also putting 4.88 gears in too,made buy yukon.I am pretty sure i have the pin i need,its notched to clear ring gear,reciept says it is called 8.8 ford 7/8"notched x/pin shaft.is that the pin you say i need?i guess ill try pulling case out and pull ring gear off.

• take the ring off of the carrier. When you put the ring back on look up the gear install directions for the order to tighten the bolts and what to torque them to. Use red lock-tie on the treads of the ring bolts.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• dont use the bolts to pull the ring gear to seat it use a rubber mallet or a wooden one to seat all the way. if you have a very understanding wife and dont mnd the most awful stench in the word put it in the over on like 200 for 10 mins and it will slide right on

• Im heading out to put locker in tonight thanks fof info i will let you know how i make out.need to get gear swap and rear swap done so i can make ride this month.

ps. da mutt dont have wife just x but i like that.
    thanks again Wayne

• Last night i pulled case out put locker in put ring gear back on put back in rear but i had to walk away i had hard time putting c clips in i didnt get them in im going back out and try again,i have a pin where spacer should slide in and then put clip in and then turn pin and do other side sounds easy but i couldnt get it done.is there a tool to slide spacer over?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!