December's Paragon Trip

• Anyone else going Green/Blue trails? I'd like to try the YJ out, but want to take it easy the first time.

DrJ

• If you are planning for Dec 18th I would be interested in joining you for the same reason. I want to test the YJ but not too hard the first time out. This will also be my first trail ride with a 5-speed manual and I don't want to be tested too hard the first time out either.

I am having a problem with the YJ wanting to slip out of second, fourth and reverse gear when the clutch is not all the way out or just before a complete stop. I am going to have to get that fixed before trail riding.

Any suggestions...anyone.....? :shrug:

• Quote from "DEJeepman"

I am having a problem with the YJ wanting to slip out of second, fourth and reverse gear when the clutch is not all the way out or just before a complete stop. I am going to have to get that fixed before trail riding.

Any suggestions...anyone.....? :shrug:

Probably something to do with that 2" B/L.

Take the boot off and see if the shifter is hitting the sheet metal.

• Could both of you post on the events calendar so that others see the three of us wanting to do easier trails? We might get more to sign up that way.

This'll be my first five-speed trail ride, too. Should be interesting to see what I break!

DrJ

• Quote from "DrJ"

Could both of you post on the events calendar so that others see the three of us wanting to do easier trails? We might get more to sign up that way.

Sure.

This'll be my first five-speed trail ride, too. Should be interesting to see what I break!

I think you will really appreciate that manual tranny when it comes to going down trails.

I usually put it in 2nd and let the engine control the braking.

• Yeah, for this first YJ trip, I'd have to agree. If there's a couple of inches after a storm a few days earlier, I'd consider it, but no major snow.

DrJ

• Quote from "DISH"

Snow=no go!

Quote from "DrJ"

But no major snow.

Am I reading this right :doh: . You guys will go on trails that no other non-4wd vehicle can go on but will shy away b/c of snow!!!! :shrug:

j/k

I'll definately be there. I will finally be done with this semester by then and I'll have my new axles (with new gears and a locker) to try out.

Oh......and I'll be there come snow, rain, or anthing else mother nature can throw our way. :laughing:

-Chris

• Quote from "JeepSahara"

Oh......and I'll be there come snow, rain, or anthing else mother nature can throw our way. :laughing:

Ditto...and I'm hoping to be working the bugs out of the TJ on that ride.

--Ian

• I may try to make this ride also. I have the new tow rig and have to get it set up so all I have left is to get the rear bumper done and get the night before off. it would probably be a day trip for me....

• i am trying to make this one, hopefully ill be able to get a lot done during thanksgiving break, and have a jeep that moves, or maybe just steal my brothers stock heep and hope not to break anything.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!