Edge Trail Jammer

• I have always been temped by the package but I fall back on the fact that even if the hp & torque claims are true, they don't appear to be at the rear wheels, and are in too high an rpm range to be truly useful. Plus the aftermarket intakes are FAR from waterproof when compared to stock. Not sure if the trailjammer uses a dry filter but the wet filters like K&N can foul your sensors and create a host of other issues. Then there is the whistle commonly caused by throttle body spacers and made worse by aftermarket intakes. If it was less money I might go for it but I think the money is better spent on other things. Just my opinion and others do love this package... :up:

• the TrailJammer kit is the most popular intake/chip kit on the market. I hear a lot of complaints about Jet chips, but I can't recall a single complaint about an Edge chip in the past year.

keep in mind, that to get the full performance out of the intake kit, you'll need some exhaust mods. A header and complete 2.25" exhaust kit is optimal for a 4.0L motor, but a good catback kit will do. (high flow muffler, like the Dynomax Super Turbo, or a Flowmaster, and 2.25" exhaust pipe from the muffler back)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• the TrailJammer kit is the most popular intake/chip kit on the market. I hear a lot of complaints about Jet chips, but I can't recall a single complaint about an Edge chip in the past year.

I know I would be too embarrassed to complain after I dropped $679 on that kit & $300+ on exhaust work. That would certainly go on my "Note to self..." list of things not to do again. Hahaha

Seriously though, you do hear and read many bad things about almost every other mod of that type, but not this kit. Maybe when the parts are matched together into a whole kit they simply work better than doing it piece by piece. That would certainly make sense. But I would rather spend $800 on gears than $1000 on that. I have yet to find the 4.0 lacking in power and anyways, like Urbancrawler said, it is like throwing a brick into the wind aerodynamically speaking.

• the intake is pretty much the same as all the other kits. But their chip is considered to be the best. We have a former mechanic at work that used to do strictly Jeep work (a Jeep specialty shop) and he swears by the Edge kits. I tried the Jet chip and noticed a tiny bit of extra power, but that was just from it delaying the shifts so it used the gears a little longer to use up the torque band better. I installed the catback, and saw a distinct power boost. I don't have to downshift to 3rd as much for hills now.

True, regearing will get you power back from going to larger tires, but intake/exhaust will still give you extra power.

If you're set on a computer chip for your Jeep, go for the Edge chip. Personally, I just did an intake and then exhaust work and it's enough for me. A lot cheaper too. ;) I don't think any of the computer chips available for the inline 6 motor can give enough power to pay for themselves. For V8 and diesel motors, sure... but there's only so much power the I-6 can give you.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• i hate to say this but the chip part is crap.

We had one on our project TJ and the idle was all over the place but i will say it pulled up past red-line really fast, really really fast!!! like wow......once we unhooked the chip it ran fine.

Intake is pretty much self explanatory but the bigger TB's usually result in a noticeable difference in gas mileage, poor. I had done back to back testing and i ended up leaving the OE one on.

In my opinion all of the performance parts for the 4.0 are pointless, you dont really notice it that much to justify the money! all the 4.0 power is down low and mods for them usually only help in the higher RPMs but who drives a jeep at 4k rpm all the time... :doh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!