shackle bolt with zerk fitting

• anyone know somewhere local to get these? i snapped the zerk fitting off and cant seem to extract what is left ive tried ez-outs, left handed bits,, heat, quick-freeze and even tried to tap it out. at this point its easier to replace the bolt, but the 5 dollar bolt cost 5 bucks to ship (where i can find online) fastenal have things like this?

i need 1/2-13 x 4.5

• Just leave the bolt in there. It will be just fine. BTW, the zerks are pressed in, so no pulling them.

Aaron

• anyone know somewhere local to get these? i snapped the zerk fitting off and cant seem to extract what is left ive tried ez-outs, left handed bits,, heat, quick-freeze and even tried to tap it out. at this point its easier to replace the bolt, but the 5 dollar bolt cost 5 bucks to ship (where i can find online) fastenal have things like this?

i need 1/2-13 x 4.5

dave, im sure we have something in stock if you to come check on tuesday. :wavey:

• Just leave the bolt in there. It will be just fine. BTW, the zerks are pressed in, so no pulling them.

Aaron

these were thread in. they were not installed, just supplied. 1/4-28 thread

found a odd looking extractor at a harbor freight like store that worked better than the easyout. its fixed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!