steering stabilizer...OME versus others

• going to replace the steering stabilizer on my YJ now that the new lift is finally on. i put OME shocks on and am very happy with that decision. the steering stabilizer however is 2 times the price of most competitors. is it worth the 70 dollar price tag, or should i get another brand and a 2 dollar can of spray paint? any opinions, reviews, input?

• deff worth it, much stiffer than others...any jeep i do gets one!

• Well worth it. I also like the fact that the rod is well protected unlike on most others.

ahh, you must be the TJ i saw on 202 in west chester, full traction long arm right?

• Sorry for the high jack Dave. :D

how do you like the ride on that kit?

I love it. Their customer service sucks bad though.
    I visit Artie way to often so I'll be around Quadratec or stop by my work sometime. It's the rental shop on Market Street next to the car wash.

• LOL i was just going to make a hijack comment.

i think the punishment should be that meeper has to pick one up and bring it home for me LOL

guess ill call on monday and order one i guess after spending $1500 on lift, sye, driveshaft, ect... whats another 75

• LOL i was just going to make a hijack comment.

i think the punishment should be that meeper has to pick one up and bring it home for me LOL

guess ill call on monday and order one i guess after spending $1500 on lift, sye, driveshaft, ect... whats another 75

i can do that....not a problem.

yes FT's CS does suck, we have a lot of problems with them here....

• don't waste your cash on a steering stabilizer..... I can guarantee you will not notice a difference if you have one, put on a cheap one, or buy the yellow one... kind of ironic they make their stuff the same color as gold :innocent:

• don't waste your cash on a steering stabilizer..... I can guarantee you will not notice a difference if you have one, put on a cheap one, or buy the yellow one... kind of ironic they make their stuff the same color as gold :innocent:

LOL it had the stock one, but after a slight confrontation between the front axle and our fork lift, the fork lift remove it without it i notice a serious difference so i want to put another on.

i do like what bill mentioned about the shaft being slightly protected. i had a rock hit the cheap one on my TJ and the burr put a tear in the seal. any other shocks have that little sheild on it? boots get torn too easily.

• If you noticed a serious difference, there is something else wrong... most of my group has eliminated our steering stabilizers as #1 they are in a bad spot and don't last very long #2 they only mask other steering issues when your steering is set-up correctly and you have proper geometry and tight TRE's there is no effective difference with or without one

• If you noticed a serious difference, there is something else wrong... most of my group has eliminated our steering stabilizers as #1 they are in a bad spot and don't last very long #2 they only mask other steering issues when your steering is set-up correctly and you have proper geometry and tight TRE's there is no effective difference with or without one

X2

i also agree, i have the OME and it will not fit with my new steering linkage, no issues so far, drives really well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!