How to waterproof a distributer cap?

• The story is that I was at RC and tried to wheel through the frog hole. The Prob was the distributer had submerged and filled with water and mud. I took almost an hour to get the jeep running. Any suggestions to solve this.
    Ive got a 1998 wrangler 4cyl.

• The story is that I was at RC and tried to wheel through the frog hole. The Prob was the distributer had submerged and filled with water and mud. I took almost an hour to get the jeep running. Any suggestions to solve this.
    Ive got a 1998 wrangler 4cyl.

a better solution might be to heed your trail guide's warnings and not submerge your jeep! :razz:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• WD40? I usually soak everything with WD40 before I hit any mud.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• You can buy non-hardening weather proofing caulking chord.. Its like a clay, seals but does not dry out, so its easily removed..

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Ya I think for now Im just gana stay out of water deeper than 4 feet.

and by 'for now', you mean until next time you go wheeling? :rolleyes:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• a better solution might be to heed your trail guide's warnings and not submerge your jeep! :razz:

hey, I always encourage people to try the deep holes. makes for good pictures! :innocent:

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• hey, I always encourage people to try the deep holes. makes for good pictures! :innocent:

you're such an instigator

~ JD

• and you make such a willing participant! thanks, buddy! :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!